Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

I was put in place by a gixxer :D

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 03:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I was put in place by a gixxer :D

it has already started to happen here. I hear about bikes going down almost everyday on the news here. Not good if you ask me.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:37 PM
1st Gear Member

i thought it was just me but i see on the news at least 2 times every month recently a motorcycle crash. 2 blue ninjas , one had the front end totally ripped off and at the scene the bike was laying on the ground and a big blood stain all the way around it. seriously if your gonna play on the streets, know the streets , and please scan ahead and pay close attention to the debris and hazardous stuff that may come up. that little stuff could save your life.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:28 AM
1st Gear Member

+1

Also dont be an idiot to the extent of killing/injuring yourself or anyone else.

There was a guy kill himself on an R1a few weeks ago not far from here. He was wheelying at 220kph down a side street and a car backed out of their driveway.The bike couldnt stop in time. The rider was thrown off on impact and slammed into another car dying on impact. He was wearing a helmet (compulsory down here) and a singlet, shorts and thongs. Idiot if you ask me. Not that its nice that he died but he was kinda asking for it.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 AM
1st Gear Member

who lane splits at 100mph in traffic?!!!! LOL
thats crazy!

Old 07-18-2007, 06:10 AM
1st Gear Member

maybe we should do some "Ghost Rider" videos here in Cali!!!
San Diego to LA - normally 2 hours.
Ghost Rider - 30 minutes!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I can't agree with messing around like that on the highway. Too many lives are forever changed by serious injuries, or worse caused by needless and reckless behavior.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

I can't agree with messing around like that on the highway. Too many lives are forever changed by serious injuries, or worse caused by needless and reckless behavior.
I have to agree with mark and the others that think like this. Motorcycling is about freedom but that freedom ends when you put others at risk,legislators just look for excuses to take it away from us.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member

[qwho lane splits at 100mph in traffic?!!!! LOL
thats crazy!
uote][/quote]

I have to drive to and from Tampa frequently, and I see dumb a$$ stuff all the time, and lane splitting is illegal in Fl. Last week I was driving on the interstate, and had a guy pass betweenme in a van next to another van at least 90. The sad thing is there are three lanes.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Im reading this thread, thinking about the stuff ive done on the streets. Im a pretty conservative rider, but i do some occasional high speed runs. recently i hit 166 mph on my 06 636 which is all stock. Its easy to get caught up in a moment, and do something stupid. I consider myself lucky to have never gone down.. reading this stuff makes me appreciate that im still alive.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member

hey fellas, I'm still alive. I've slowed down my riding coz of a speeding ticket that cost me almost 400 bones (thats U.S. dollar$ btw).

To the people who does not live in california, but, are visiting in the future. Make sure you:

A) keep your car centered in the lanes or..
B) better yet, pull a bit to the left if you are in the left-most lane. your reward: peace sign V(*_*)
C) before you change lane, at least check twice for lane splitters

that applies to all drivers in california. share that small road, we're only going to be there for 1 second tops.

P.S. I got the speeding ticket while driving my pick-up truck on a Saturday where flow of traffic was 75mph (on a 65, but i was doing 86).

P.S.S. After logging 10,000+ bike-miles of the same freeway, i got speeding out of my system, but, still enjoy splitting (road is splitter friendly).

Quick Reply: I was put in place by a gixxer :D