Help me with package - Kawasaki Forums

Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Default Help me with package

Guys
I got full exhust
Bazzaz
Auto tune
Shifter
Traction control
Dumper
Lower kit
I need a package
Head and camshaft
I need plug and play
With valve spring every thing
Without exchange
Please
Help me with companies
Last time with power commander 3 i had 173 rwhp on dyno jet
Please give link
I am ready to place order
Old 09-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

There may be other, better places to go, but if it were me, I'd be picking the brains of guys who have experience. The first name that comes to mind for go-fast Kawi's is Muzzy. I'd also try Vance & Hines, and Yoshimura (yes, yes; I KNOW they are Yamaha and Suzuki guys, but they do the R&D and know their stuff.) Contact their customer service and talk shop with them. You might be pleasantly surprised at how helpful and "real world" they are. If you are a gear-head, they'll know in about 10 seconds of conversation, and can possibly give you some suggestions. I remember being at several races, years ago, and these guys were like old friends from the get go. They ENJOY guys who want to learn and know what they're talking about. Put simply; they know what works and what doesn't.
I'd start networking before you drop big lettuce. They can get you thinking about things you may not have considered, and also save you some time.
Let us know how it goes. (seriously.)
Old 09-14-2010, 01:36 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Thanks for asking us KF guys on what we may use. But since I am a slow poke, I like jeffs suggestion on doing more Q&A with the known companies and similar riders at the track before laying down the lettuce. Although head and cams and tuning has already put you into a category of what was your baseline compared to your increased efforts? You already have some "lettuce" put down on this ride. Learning your ride is such fun. lol Keep us informed

example: stock cams degreed, head gasket, full exhaust, kit ecu was only 21hp and roughly 10ft lbs for my powerband expectations ( I need to verify with my charts yet to confirm). I am curious to see your before and after charts if possible.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:51 AM
1st Gear Member

well the before chart i have it somewhere
now i mailed KEN in oriontexpress
he is helping me and he should send me the stuff in the next few days
i will update to very soon
Old 09-30-2010, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

heard nothing but good about carpenter work.
get a used head off the net, send it to carpenter to do their magic. get it back and sell yours