Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Advanced Street Rider School - Nelson Ledges, September 13th

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Default Advanced Street Rider School - Nelson Ledges, September 13th

I hope this is the right category to post this in! Mods, please move if it isn't.

Sponsored by Crooked River and Fasttrax. All details can be found on www.crookedrivermc.com

Cost is $200 and includes lunch and raffle prizes! Limited to the first 40 people registered. (Cost is normally $299)

NEW RIDERS (new to the track) are encouraged. You'll participate in a school and be able to ride in a controlled environment where you can concentrate more on your skills than street dangers. And because this is NOT a race school you and your bike are covered by your regular insurance.

Never been to track? Want to know more? It's not about riding ***** out your first time. The first couple laps are sighting laps...you'll go around and check out the course at school zone speed (40mph or so). You'll ride the inside line, the outside line and the racing line. You'll be in small groups with an instructor who will keep an eye on everyone and be moderating the speed to suit the group but going a little bit faster each time. By the end of the day, you'll be AMAZED at how much faster you are going AND NOT BE SCARED!!!

For advanced riders and licensed racers, you'll have lots of track time (no instruction, but will have rules to ensure safety)...30 minute sessions.

WOMEN RIDERS ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO SIGN UP!! Motogirlz is having a nice little contingent so you'll fit right in.

No leathers? You can rent them.

How much easier does it get? Just sign up and make sure you can get the day off (if you are working)...you'll have the BEST time on your motorcycle that you will EVER have!!

Tid-bit on Nelson's - it is roughly 2.2 miles, lap record around 1:06 (very fast track), and it located in Northeast Ohio on Route 305 near Garrettsville and Nelson-Kennedy Ledges State Park).

Old 07-31-2006, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Advanced Street Rider School - Nelson Ledges, September 13th

Well that's kind of cool... We don't have anything like that around here. [:@]

Old 08-04-2006, 04:10 AM

Well I don't know where you are from or you have done track days - sorry "advanced street riding school", but you should come try it. It's very addicting.

I'm so addicted I corner work for free track time!

Old 08-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

that's 1500 miles from me.....lol... Besides, OH does not like me. [:@]

Old 08-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: racedoll

Well I don't know where you are from or you have done track days - sorry "advanced street riding school", but you should come try it. It's very addicting.

I'm so addicted I corner work for free track time!
Dam this one would have been easy; I will let you slide this time racedoll.

I like the track too and do not get enough time in for sure, hopefully will be changing that for the better soon.

That’s cool about working the corners for track time, its cool just being there and then getting to ride too. I would be studying the advanced riders through the corners for sure.

Enjoy.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:14 AM

Yeah, I left that one wide open didn't I? Oh well, I guess if I leave the door wide open then I deserve to get it slammed back at me.

I try to watch my husband as much as possible since he races. I figure he knows how to ride so who better to watch than him. I watch others too, but that is part of the corner working - you have to watch for the ones that aren't being safe or not doing the drill properly.

Anyway, anyone that can make it to OH for the "track day" will have a great time. I know it's not Mid-Ohio, but Nelson's is a blast too because it's suck a fast track.