Sponsor Group And Special Buys Official Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

King-Cold.com WheelDock Group Buy!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Default King-Cold.com WheelDock Group Buy!

Dear KawasakiForums.com Members,

Due to the incredible reception that you all have given King-Cold.com in your forum, we have decided to announce a special group buy for members of this forum. We are going to be offering a $50 rebate by mail or paypal for every member who purchases a WheelDock during the month of November. The deal will work as follows:

1. KawasakiForums.com members can log onto King-Cold.com, log on to the online store and create a customer profile- this makes purchasing items easier and also lets us keep in contact with you all to let you know about other King-Cold.com specials.
2. If you purchase any of the WheelDock models at full price (plus shipping), we will mail you (or paypal you) $50 in rebate funds within about 1 to 2 weeks. We don't like waiting 4 to 6 weeks, so we won't put you through all of that.
3. To make the rebate process go faster please include the following information in the notes section of the online store checkout:
a) your KawasakiForums.com screen name (e.g. My KawasakiForums.com screen name is xxxxxxxx)
b) how you'd like your rebate (check or paypal). Checks will be sent to the shipping address unless otherwise noted.
4. This offer is only good in the continental U.S. and only if you follow the instructions listed in #3. Its your job to mention the rebate, as this offer is not good for the general public.
5. This offer is good between now and November 30, 2006 and is subject to change without prior notice (blah blah blah).

If you have any questions, please email me at jason )at( King-Cold.com.

Thanks for all of your support.

Jason Robinson
aka King Cold, himself.
King-Cold.com

Old 11-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: King-Cold.com WheelDock Group Buy!

Question for you Jason:

How well does that stand hold the bike up on it's own? What I am getting at, I ws thinking about the stand for my bike shed. Drive the bike in, and park in the stand. Would be kind of nice. Would keep the bike held up right for checking oil or doing basic mechanical work, like changing plugs, etc...

Thanks for the info man.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:18 AM

The WheelDock actually works great as a bike stand. I put an engine cage on mine while it was in the WheelDock. I feel its better than a wheel stand since it doesn't raise the center of gravity of the bike. I've heard great things from bike shops that use it as an alternative to a wheel stand. Its great for those shop-type uses along with its transport function as well.

I hope that answers your question.

-Jason

Old 11-06-2006, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

NICE!! That's exactly what I wanted to know. That's perfect.

Thanx Jason!!

Old 11-06-2006, 03:02 AM

You are very welcome, if you (or anyone else) have any other questions I am more than happy to answer them.

-Jason

Old 11-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

those look cool and all, but to me the price is a little high, i bough an atv/ dirtbike jack from sears for 99$ and it lifts the whole bike up, and i have seen others in the klx section that have bought the motorcycle "benches" where it lifts the whole bike up and its on a platform and has a "wheel clamp" on the front of it for like 300$ and the dirtbike wheel dock is $324? sorry but thats alot of dough for that little thing.i dont know how much others are charging for those, but to me it high. Just thaugh id give you my $0.02.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:08 PM

$325 for a stand is high, but can you mount your stand or jack on a trailer or in the bed of a truck to transport your bike?

That's the beauty of the WheelDock, its modular design allows for it to be used both as a stand and as a safe system with which you can transport your bike. Look at it like this... how much would it cost to repair / replace any of the following common mishaps in transport?

1. Blown Fork seals - @ $60/hr shop time at least $120 on up (+ parts)
2. Scratched / broken plastics - One of my side fairings is $320 to replace on my bike.
3. Scratched / dented custom chrome pieces - $200 + up

All of these events can occur in one trip. If you've ever heard any transport horror stories, believe me once your shocked at how badly your baby has been damaged- then you'll be shocked on how much your wallet has been damaged.

A bar harness and straps is simply not enough to save those precious fork seals.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Ok, now you have my attention. LOL i see where your going, you make a good point, and if i had the extra money i might think about getting one for transport. Now whats this about fork seals? i have only had my bike in my truck 3 times so far, so im new to this whole transporting my bike, and i sure as heck dont want to mess up my fork seals... is there a way to transport a bike that is not good for the forks?

Old 11-07-2006, 03:31 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Ok, now you have my attention. LOL i see where your going, you make a good point, and if i had the extra money i might think about getting one for transport. Now whats this about fork seals? i have only had my bike in my truck 3 times so far, so im new to this whole transporting my bike, and i sure as heck dont want to mess up my fork seals... is there a way to transport a bike that is not good for the forks
If you secure the bike using Tie-Downs, you have to compress the front forks which puts a constant high pressure on the seals the whole time it's tied down during transport. It puts a lot more constant pressure than when during normal riding. They could start leaking or blow the seals.

Old 11-07-2006, 06:57 AM

Speedracer138 is right,

When you put your bike in the back of a truck (or on a trailer) you have to keep the front suspension loaded (by the straps) to keep the front end from bouncing around as you drive down the road. The rebound of the suspension will literally make the bike hop upwards after you hit a bump in the road. The bike is still behaving as if there is a rider on the back, although there isn't. The straps keeps the front end of the bike down, but the upward force of the rebound has to go somewhere.

Basically, in order to spare you all a bunch of physics, the force of the rebound will go to the weakest part of the suspension which is the fork seal. Under normal riding they are fine, but when in transport (without the WheelDock) all the pressure will build up and the fork seal being the weakest part of the equation- that's what will blow because the rebound is being stopped by the straps- but there is still upward force. This can damage them thus requiring replacement and money out of your pcoket.

I hope I didn't lose anyone...

Help save the fork seals, buy a WheelDock.

Quick Reply: King-Cold.com WheelDock Group Buy!