Sights 'N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Kawasaki's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

this is horrible

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Default RE: this is horrible

somewhere in the video.. someone listens for a hearbeat and shook his head no.. then someone took his pulse and said no..
i think they thought he was gone .. so they were to frighted to be near him..? i think death does that to you.. being scared.. ?

Old 02-03-2006, 03:46 AM

Man that was tough to watch. I'm glad it was posted though...definitely makes you think about driving crazy.

Old 02-03-2006, 05:43 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cmk827

Man that was tough to watch. I'm glad it was posted though...definitely makes you think about driving crazy.
Us or them (cars) driving crazy?

Yes, looked like the ride was moving at a good clip (the front wheel stuck into the car and the devastation of the ride and of the car). Yes, almost all motorists do not have a clue on distance and seeing a rider. Yes, I wore knee sliders on the street because I only had one set of leathers for both track and street. Yes, I would be pissed if non of my fellow riders were not next to my side in an incident. (If I was alive to notice). hmm, probably why I have not ridden on the streets since '91.

Old 02-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: motogprocks

somewhere in the video.. someone listens for a hearbeat and shook his head no.. then someone took his pulse and said no..
i think they thought he was gone .. so they were to frighted to be near him..? i think death does that to you.. being scared.. ?
Very true, but still, if it was me, I would hope that someone would be by my side regardless of my being dead or alive.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

i've seen two people die in front of me.... non of them fellow riders, but ya you do get the feeling of shock and not knowing what to do next.... it really sux to see or go through something like that... so ya the two guys who were with that guys on the ground probly did know what to do next.... and didn't was see say anything and make a bigger scene....

Old 02-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

I suppose, until you have been in a situation like that, I guess you can't really say what you would do. Last year before I got my bike license I had to work late, on my way home there is an overpass that is divided by a concrete barrier. Anyways, as I was coming up to the overpass, I noticed a motorcyclist (still wearing all their gear including helmet) leaning over the barrier, there was also a bike very close to the barrier. There were a bunch of people standing quite far away from the rider and the bike. I thought the person had died on impact just because people were so far away. But in the end I heard that no one was killed but they did hit the barrier, it was a newbie trying to keep up with some more experienced riders, lost control of the bike.

I still wonder why no one was standing with that person (seeing that he/she was alive). But like I said, I guess you never know how you'll react until you are in that particular situation.

Sorry to hear that you have been in one of those situations MK.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member

being in the fire service i guess has made me immune to blood and death. Dont get me wrong, I still feel bad for the people, but it doesnt effect me like most I guess. I've seen my share of bike accident also. In fact, this guy lost control of his bike and hit the steel gaurdrail. He was for the most part ok, but he lost part of his lip and had to have skin graphed from his butt. His wife sent a Thank you letter to the Fire dept for helping her husband. Since we didnt find his lip, she had to kiss his *** the rest of there lives. Any way, that was one of the better ones I've seen. SO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO COME PICK ANYONE ELSE OFF THE ROAD!

Old 02-23-2006, 01:01 AM

ORIGINAL: BattRECON

Race leathers with knee sliders have no use on the street and that video is proof. No doubt the guy was being a clown. Save that stuff for the track.
Ok Einstein,..... You are saying Race Leathers with pucks have no use on the street? I'm gonna call bs on that one!
What do YOU wear for protection? Levis? Those cute little chaps that dont have an ***? FlipFlops or Nikies? Muscle shirt &
fingerless gloves? Ball Cap or Beanie?

I'm gonna have to pass on your advice and continue to ride in full Gear. I like my skin the way it is.

End of Rant
Hows that for a first post?

Old 02-23-2006, 09:26 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marlboroman

ORIGINAL: BattRECON

Race leathers with knee sliders have no use on the street and that video is proof. No doubt the guy was being a clown. Save that stuff for the track.
Ok Einstein,..... You are saying Race Leathers with pucks have no use on the street? I'm gonna call bs on that one!
What do YOU wear for protection? Levis? Those cute little chaps that dont have an ***? FlipFlops or Nikies? Muscle shirt &
fingerless gloves? Ball Cap or Beanie?

I'm gonna have to pass on your advice and continue to ride in full Gear. I like my skin the way it is.

End of Rant
Hows that for a first post?

Um... forgive me if I'm wrong, but dont they make leathers w/o the pucks?!

Old 02-23-2006, 03:38 PM

This video makes me not want to ride very sad i cant believe none of his friends shed one tear

Quick Reply: this is horrible