Sights 'N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Kawasaki's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Could you avoid this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 10:05 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Could you avoid this?

quick followup - this girl is getting run through the red-tape brigade.

The cop is screwing her by not writing any citations for the operator of the car. Turns out he was specifically excluded from coverage on that vehicle by the insurance company.
Her lawyer is screwing her by not leaning on the cop and the insurance company of the car.
Someone is screwing her by making her file discovery paperwork with the DMV before filing a loss claim against the insurance company of the car.

Numerous other items... check out the forum.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Well that sucks! Pretty crappy considering she has the whole darn thing on tape, it should be a walk in the park for her.

Stupid jerks!

Old 02-23-2006, 10:18 PM

WTF!? That's insane!

Sounds like she's trying all the different paths, but they're all giving her the runaround. Glad to see your name on there Srobak giving her advice. I hope she does follow up with the LEO's supervisor as you said. It's a damn shame that her Lawyer isn't doing a better job of following up on this. I mean, with that video, how could he NOT write a ticket?

And it sounds like her insurance company isn't exactly doing their job... I'd probably find a new lawyer and start writing some nasty letters, video link included in all of them...

Old 02-27-2006, 03:34 AM

YOU GO, MAN IN BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love those cops!!!!!!!!! [sm=kissykissy.gif]

Old 02-27-2006, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

[&o]

Old 02-27-2006, 07:17 AM
1st Gear Member

could you even imagine the problems she would be having if she didnt have the video. I wish her all the best of luck!!!

Old 02-27-2006, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Can't deal with it anymore... too much bad advice, too many idiots, and she is too hesitant to take a stand for herself and demand the rights, protection, and services of those she entitled them from, and those she has paid for. Made my contribution to the forum, and to her paypal account - Im out of there now. If she continues to stand there and make any noise and raise some hell - then she will continue to get walked on. I like to help people, but I cannot help those who do not help themselves.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

That sucks about the leo not citing the driver, some times you just can not make a good argument with out the proper help pf leo and your insurance company.

I was lucky with one of my accidents; the leo cited the driver with a unsafe lane change and assigned her fault in his accident report.

Hope she at least’s gets her bike repaired. I didn’t know if she had any injuries, that reminds me, when I contacted a lawyer about my accident, two actually, and told them my situation they both said that I really was not hurt enough. I was like WTF I had a knee the size of a melon and could not walk well for about 6 weeks, they said it was only a soft tissue injury and if I had actually brook some bones or did some major tendon damage I would be set.

Go figure!

Old 02-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Well srobak, you can only do so much. It's a shame she won't stand up and make herself heard. At least you tried....

Old 02-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

that reminds me, when I contacted a lawyer about my accident, two actually, and told them my situation they both said that I really was not hurt enough. I was like WTF I had a knee the size of a melon and could not walk well for about 6 weeks, they said it was only a soft tissue injury and if I had actually brook some bones or did some major tendon damage I would be set.

Go figure!
That's flipping amazing. A friend of mine got hit on our bypass route by a big truck and lost his leg from the knee down. He tried to get disability and etc., ya know, but he got denied. They said he had to lose both legs in order to receive compensation of any kind. Totalled his fat boy. He's the big ugly guy in my pictures standing next to the brown Harley. He keeps on a going tho'. Sometimes the legal system does not work good in the favor of the innocent. I am sure the law enforcement peoples get fed up every day in the political B.S. [:@]