Sights 'N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Kawasaki's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

another accident vid

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 09:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default another accident vid

http://media.putfile.com/5-18-05--The-Wreck_copy

this is what he had this to say: "8 days in the hospital. Internal bleeding from a lacerated spleen and fractured both shoulders. Once I got home, a friend and I rebuilt the bike in about a week. Been riding since.

The corner wasnt all that bad, and I should have made it. But I had 2000 miles of riding experience and it was a total rookie mistake. I freaked going into the corner, target fixated, got off the throttle, and that was it. Learn from my mistake."

Old 02-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: another accident vid

Well, at first watching this brought back memories of what it feels like to go through some nice twisties! But holy crap! That was insane, glad that he didn't end up killing himself, but also very glad to hear that he's been riding ever since fixing the bike up! Always a good thing when you get the chance to learn from your mistakes!

Nice find Jayden!

Old 02-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

i've seen that in another forum. and the funny thing was, was that his plate said "OFACE".... and it was pretty much the face he was making when he was going down.... lol lol lol [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 02-09-2006, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm impressed at how little damage there is to the rest of the bike, his helmet, and his body besides the left bar - considering he went down hard enough to snap the right fork clean just above the hub.

Old 02-10-2006, 05:53 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Glad that he got back onto the horse that threw him.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm a noob rider so please explain why the crash happened? I've had the bike 3 days and haven't gotten to a safety course yet so i'm learning all i can for now. when needing to corner sharper, do you give it more throttle or just try and hold what u had. B/c doesn't letting off the throttle sit up back upright?

Old 02-14-2006, 06:28 AM

ORIGINAL: walight01
I'm a noob rider so please explain why the crash happened? I've had the bike 3 days and haven't gotten to a safety course yet so i'm learning all i can for now. when needing to corner sharper, do you give it more throttle or just try and hold what u had. B/c doesn't letting off the throttle sit up back upright?
Well, my best advice is to get into the class before you learn any bad lessons (or hard lessons) on your bike.

Otherwise... the main reason the crash happened looks like he target fixated. If you haven't noticed yet, the bike will pretty much go where you look, so if you get scared, and look at whatever you don't want to hit, or off the road, that's where you'll end up. Letting off the throttle does just about everything except sit the bike upright, it'll unsettle the chassis, and possibly cause the front end to dive a bit more. Adding throttle will actually help straighten the bike, not letting off. In his situation, he should have looked through the corner, where he wanted to be, and kept a steady throttle, or added just a little bit of gas. No sudden throttle changes in corners, and especially not cutting off the throttle.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:59 AM
1st Gear Member

COUNTER STEER ALSO HELPS TURN THE BIKE. NOOBIES NEXT TIME YOUR OUT RIDING PULL BACK ON THE RIGHT HANDLE BAR (GRADUALLY) AND SEE WHICH DIRECTION IT TAKES YOU. YOU WILL GO LEFT AND VICE VERSA IF YOU PULL BACK ON THE LEFT BAR YOU WILL GO TO THE RIGHT. PRACTICE THIS SLOWLY. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Obviously that is a "noobie" posting the one above my post here...

Do not pull. ALWAYS push. Push right to go right. Push left to go left. Pulling will cause your body to lean the wrong way. You need to think about pushing your shoulder down into the turn. Please don't post bad advice here. If you don't know what you are about to say - ask - don't tell.

Another reason on top of target fixation that may have happened considering his miles is that he didn't have confidence in his bike yet. When I first started riding - a bunch of guys I rode with took off down some twisties and I tried to hang with them. I went into a right-hand turn too hot for my ability and confidence and even though I went into the turn tightly - I went WAY over the center line. Thankfully there were no oncoming cars and I managed to get my speed down and straighten up the bike before I went completely across the road. The first time you do that is a real lesson-learning experience. Take your turns nice and easy until you learn your bike.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: srobak

Obviously that is a "noobie" posting the one above my post here...

Do not pull. ALWAYS push. Push right to go right. Push left to go left. Pulling will cause your body to lean the wrong way. You need to think about pushing your shoulder down into the turn. Please don't post bad advice here. If you don't know what you are about to say - ask - don't tell.

Another reason on top of target fixation that may have happened considering his miles is that he didn't have confidence in his bike yet. When I first started riding - a bunch of guys I rode with took off down some twisties and I tried to hang with them. I went into a right-hand turn too hot for my ability and confidence and even though I went into the turn tightly - I went WAY over the center line. Thankfully there were no oncoming cars and I managed to get my speed down and straighten up the bike before I went completely across the road. The first time you do that is a real lesson-learning experience. Take your turns nice and easy until you learn your bike.
Very excellent advice srobak - thanks for posting this!

Quick Reply: another accident vid