PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Low miles - 2007 KLX 250S with mods in Connecticut (CT)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:49 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Low miles - 2007 KLX 250S with mods in Connecticut (CT)

I am looking to sell my Kawasaki KLX 250S. It is a 2007 and is registered as a motorcycle in CT. It's 100% street legal - even the tires are DOT legal. This is a great bike for twisty roads, and is awesome off road. The bike gets between 55-60 miles per gallon.

It has about 1,000 miles on the odometer, and I'd say 80% of that was off-road. I drove the bike like it was built to be driven, but at the same time I take great care of my bikes and no corners are cut on maintenance, upkeep, and performance. It has some cosmetic blemishes, scratches, etc - again, I rode the bike.

The bike is a six speed, 250cc dual sport. It's water cooled and has an electric start with a key. Also has locking gas cap. It isn't the fastest bike out there, but the torque and power fit it well. It's gotten me through anything I threw at it while riding. It runs 100% and is perfect mechanical condition. Starts right up, the jetting is perfect, will run highway speeds no problem. It needs absolutely nothing.

As for performance mods, it has a full FMF Q4 exhaust which is very quiet at low RPMs, but wakes up when it revs. It has an FMF jet kit - 128 main, stock pilot, foam air filter, emissions stuff removed, smaller blinkers were added, a smaller front sprocket for better accelleration, a Vortex quarter-turn throttle, Renthal handle bars, Utah sport cycle skid plate, Kenda Trakmaster tires, and I think that might be it. I also have ALL stock parts that will go with bike.

The reason for sale is because I have another bike on it's way, and only have room for one bike at a time.

I will take lower offers if I take parts off the bike to return it to stock. Like I said - I have all stock parts including exhaust, jets, blinkers, handlebar, etc. I would rather sell with everything as it is though - it runs perfectly, sounds great, and has good power.. I would have no hesitations driving this bike as far as your body could handle sitting on it for!! No reason to go back to stock

Here are some pictures from this morning. This is exactly how it looks now.

Don't mind the missing turn signals - I took a couple off because the bulbs blew. They will be replaced before sale - I have the new ones, just haven't put them on yet.

Also - the last pic shows pretty much the biggest cosmetic blunder - a dent in the gas tank.

To see a video from last season - click the link below. Can hear how nice it sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fNUKHUXH7c - YouTube VIDEO

I have the title, it is listed as Motorcycle so no problems registering as one. I also have original mfg tool kit, and some spare levers and things.

Email if interested, can send updated (clean) pics.
everything AT cousinlarry ... DOT com

Thanks

Last edited by CousinLarry; 02-14-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Double post

Last edited by CousinLarry; 02-14-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't see a price man. What bike are you replacing with?

Old 02-26-2009, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Some updated pics. Replaced all turn signals, and plate bracket.

Bike is 100%.

And for the price - looking for $3,300 for everything - bike as it sits, all stock parts, some spares, stock tool kit, bag, etc. It's got under 1k on the ticker!

The bike I had planned on fell through, so it's either I sell it and get a KTM 450, or I keep it and get the 351 kit