Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
0%
No
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Are you addicted to cell phones?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Are you addicted to cell phones?

cell phones and toyota prius drivers really **** me off. the calls can wait till i get home and tyhe stupid *** toyota drivers are keeping me from my calls and "saving the earth" if you drive one, i hate you too.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

A men evil[sm=icon_cheers.gif]phucking prius drivers clogging up my carpool lane[:@]

Old 06-27-2008, 05:00 AM
1st Gear Member

i only have a phone cus all my friends are lazy stonners and our plans for everyday "whatever comes up first... i do" and thats our only means of finding out if something else already come up with everyone else

Old 06-27-2008, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

and, a couple days ago i drove past a puris (headon) at like 70 (rural highway) and i almost drove into a ditch laughing cus of the noise.... it went
gggggggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Old 06-27-2008, 05:55 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea I'm a crackberry addict, but warlock the time spent here posting on this and other forumsis no better or worse that any amount of time spent on a cell phone, so I don't understand the analogy of your story.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Valid point Deej.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Here is my justification for the Blackberry. I am the maintenance Mechanic for a 20,000 sqft facility that sits on 40 acres. I am the Maintenance mechanic, and the whole maintenance department. I am also the Custodial supervisor, and the building coordinator. I am in charge of network and communications, fire systems, the water system and safety and security. I also schedule the rooms that need to be cleaned and set up. The reason I have the Blackberry is to keep me connected to all of this. I am tied to a Blackberry sever at the University of Washington, which gives me constant updates from my desktop Outlook calendar and e-mails, allowing me to be reminded of what is going on today, tomorrow, and a year from now. I have 400 contact names and numbers on my handheld from University contacts, to vendors to my family. I get home and work e-mails on the Blackberry, which allows me to spend less (although my wife doesn't agree) time on my computer when I get home. Full internet access and Berry 411 in invaluable to me for parts and business searches. It has a program that connects all three of my instant messaging into one place so I can contact not only my IT guys at the university but also to talk to you monkeys as well. [8D]

I am the site contact for power outages, emergency response services and disaster preparedness.

So am I addicted to it? Absolutely! Would I change anything Absolutely NOT! Being in a one man band has its moments, and when that moment happens I want to now about it. So if anyone tried to take my blackberry away, I'm afraid I would have to give them a big fat noooooand a smack up side the head.[8D] Besides Oprah has a Blackberry so it has to be good right?

Oh yea and being a mod here has its moments as well, but at least I know about them as they happen, not a month later. although getting 200 e-mails a day from this site is a little over the top. I think I need to cut the fat a little. I wonder if they have a 12 step program for Blackberry addicts? If they did I would be too busy answering calls, e-mails, calendar events and im's to attend.[8D]

Old 06-27-2008, 03:10 PM
1st Gear Member

P.S. if I can figure out why this is the only site that I can't post messages from the Blackberry, then you all are in big trouble.[8D][8D][8D]

Old 06-27-2008, 03:14 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh, and its a lot easier to be addicted to something that's free. [8D] Will that wasn't a rant, just stating the facts. Trying to justify my addiction.[8D]

Quick Reply: Are you addicted to cell phones?