Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Worlok misses you guys (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/worlok-misses-you-guys-20156/)

zzrick 04-02-2008 02:08 AM

RE: Worlok misses you guys

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

If I wasn't an adrenaline junky, I wouldn't have bought a Ninja. I joined the Army right after 9/11 and spent a couple years waiting to make my way over here. Now that I'm here, I'm just bored. I didn't get over here until after all of the real excitement was over.
Thats why I bought one too, it is the only thing I can do on the way to work everyday to get the adrenaline going again. You joined after 911? WTF, I signed into Ft. Campbell on Sep. 9, 2001. Now you are making me feel old...lol.

And yes...you did miss the fun part. :D

rocketrotary 04-02-2008 02:45 AM

That's okay, there will be plenty of wars left for me to fight.

zzrick 04-02-2008 02:47 AM

If the pansy dem candidates get elected you can stay at home and fight next time. [:@]

kawi750r 04-02-2008 02:51 AM

KFX 750, those things are AWSOME!!!! biggest auto quad u can buy i hear and that's why my buddy bought it. he's in a chair but can hang on a quad with the best of them. fast and fun rides!! the only problem is that a used one costs as much a 5 of my bikes lol

rocketrotary 04-02-2008 02:52 AM

Nothing would piss me off more. I rarely get into this debate, but right now I'm in the mood. The Dems want us to just give up and go home. That would make me sick. I have friends that died out here, not to far from where I am now. If the Dems get their way, than what did my friends die for?

zzrick 04-02-2008 03:02 AM

I feel the same bro. They can't wrap their mind around the fact that everyone is not nice, and they do not want to be buddies and sing kumbaya.Thats why there are people like us, because someone has to man up and get the job done. Because we know that the real world is not nice.

rocketrotary 04-02-2008 03:07 AM

I think the first thing we ought to do is kick the media out of Iraq. Then we can get our jobs done without worrying about what things are going to look like when they are broadcast in the States. War is not meant to be pretty. It's brutal, savage, and extremely ugly. Stuff like that has no place in polite society, which is why there are guys like us to handle it. It's pretty bad that the prisoners in the detention facility all have working air conditioners, yet I can't seem to get mine fixed. That's the kind of stuff that just makes my blood boil! And when you were out here, y'all probably didn't even have A/C in every room.

zzrick 04-02-2008 03:15 AM

We didn't have A/C, but we got swamp coolers after about 6 months in country. That was only in our compound though, most of the time we were on patrol. You should have been an 11B Vic, I would have taken you on as one of my soldiers.

rocketrotary 04-02-2008 03:17 AM

Sometimes I really wish I would have... Then a truck breaks down and I realize why I became a mechanic in the first place.

zzrick 04-02-2008 03:21 AM

Driving is bad if you want to live, sneaking around at night on foot (aka looking for trouble)was our thing.All of the guys we lost were in vehicles, we had many more engagements on the ground, and we never lost a single man. The fact is that the US military is unbeatable on foot.Remember that an objective is never taken until there is Infantry on the ground. Did I ever tell you why the sky is blue?:D

rocketrotary 04-02-2008 03:28 AM

Why's that?

zzrick 04-02-2008 03:31 AM

Because God loves the infantry;)

...another one is "What makes the green grass grow?"

Blood, blood, blood makes the green grass grow.

MAn, basic was fun:D

rocketrotary 04-02-2008 03:34 AM

BCT was the most fun I've ever had in my life. Victory Tower (Eagle Tower for you 11Bs) on the second week, The Confidence Course, the Ranges, the live-fire lane training... it was a blast.

zzrick 04-02-2008 03:40 AM

Korea had better ranges. They used to make us go up and burn all of the ammo for the 8th army because we were the only 11b's in Seoul (except for lame-assed tango security). The demo ranges have no blow limit like stateside. I remember as a private they made us fire two truckloads of AT4's in one day. I think we each fired about 15, and then we each had to shoot 3 cases of 40mm HEDP rounds. It was a blast but we were all a little "off" the rest of the day from firing so many At4's. Those things will ring your bell if you fire too many. LOL. Our record for C4 was about 130 lbs all daisy chained together. It was amazing!

rocketrotary 04-02-2008 03:47 AM

When I was in Korea, I was with 501st MI... what a useless bunch of "soldiers" that was. I didn't hang out with many of the MI guys, because most of them were more worried about their stats on World Of Warcraft than getting drunk and having fun.

zzrick 04-02-2008 03:59 AM

Dude I had so much fun, I lived in Seoul, no passes needed, had an off-post apartment, and we never really went to Itaewon after a while so we could avoid all of the Americans. We hung out across the river with all of the Korean college girls. It was awesome. They have some amazing clubs in Seoul.

zzrick 04-02-2008 04:00 AM

I'm off to bed man, talk to you later.

rocketrotary 04-02-2008 04:02 AM

Take it easy bro. I'll see you soon.