Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

It works!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Because I can.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah, it's the new 3g.

Some photos.

If you've never used one, you can scroll just by dragging your finger across the screen. To scroll a lot, you "flick" it. To zoom in, you use two fingers and "pinch". To zoom out, you do the opposite. Click a link by tapping it with your finger. When you need to type, a little keyboard pops up.

Oh, and it's a full blown iPod, too w/video, and has a built-in GPS for Google Maps, e-mail, etc. And a phone. With visual voice-mail - no more having to listen to each message, just scroll through them and listen, delete, etc, using your fingers.

It's pretty sweet!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I was never into these fancy phones...as long as it made a call I was happy. Got my wife the iphone about a year ago and now after playing with hers I'm seriously thinking of getting one of the new ones!! Just one more toy on the wish list i suppose.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

i would love all that chit.. but would never use it. all that stuff is done at home... and i have a psp for music. if im in a car im driving and if i wanna watch a movie i have a 60ince hdtc in front of a la'z'boy. if i leave the house its either to hang with friends, go to work/school, ride something, do something stupid or get something/pick someone up and bring them back here. so i personally dont see myself spending that much green on stuff i already have, just smaller and more fragile but if you will use the stuff it is a kickass phone.... /tv/computer/mp3 player

Old 08-05-2008, 04:10 AM
1st Gear Member

I got the Instinct last week and it works well on the forum too. I don't have any pictures of my phone tho...

Old 08-05-2008, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

One of my best bros has an iphone, and it is amazing the smoothnes, and the capabilities that phone can do. But why didn't they allow it to do flash, mms, and bluetooth file sharing?

Hell, I still remember buying a bag phone. You had signal everywhere on those things. Ya know, when you talked more than 5 minutes on it, it would start glowing red, and your ears would begin to bleed. lol

Old 08-05-2008, 05:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zzrick
I got the Instinct last week and it works well on the forum too. I don't have any pictures of my phone tho...
isnt that the (apparently better?) version of the iphone?

and br, wtf's a bag phone?

Old 08-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on brian! have you enjoyed a ibeer yet??? it's a app

Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kx slaughter king
isnt that the (apparently better?) version of the iphone?

and br, wtf's a bag phone?
I wouldn't say it is better, but it is a little different. I really like it. Sprint network is faster than my friends iphone 3g on at&t. My wife andI both got one. I just called sprint and told them I was leaving to get iphones, so they basically gave them to me :-)

Old 08-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

lol....this is a bag phone. They were one of the first mobile phones. Since they were, they were not as regulated on output wattage, etc as todays phones are since they figured out the SAR system and you could get cancer. lol

Quick Reply: It works!!