Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Why? (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/why-27541/)

Worlok14 03-25-2009 09:44 PM

Why?

This guy needs his nads cut out for riding his son on the back of his motorcycle at 122 mph.......WTF Over!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...Back_At_122mph

pipedown 03-25-2009 10:14 PM

one thing I dont not believe in is two up riding on motorcycles. Im barely ok with two up on a goldwing.

I agree, Mr. Worlok.

Talca 03-25-2009 10:19 PM

i am not sure i agree completely on this one, i mean the guy is fraking idiot but taking away his motorcycle license forever would have been better punishment but sendig him to jail would be much more traumatizing for a child to have to deal, if they really cared about the kid`s well being at all .. leave him without a job, and home for six months...humm...not best for the child i think. but then again just my opinion

PittSAMmy 03-25-2009 10:54 PM

thats just messed up. reminds me of a post on here forever ago about a girl who was blown off the back of a motorcycle while riding on the highway.

hoedogg 03-26-2009 03:12 PM

child endangerment! ****ing throw the book at him...

srobak 03-26-2009 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by pipedown (Post 363604)
one thing I dont not believe in is two up riding on motorcycles. Im barely ok with two up on a goldwing.

This I gotta hear...

rocketrotary 03-26-2009 08:22 PM

Show no mercy.

Worlok14 03-26-2009 08:50 PM

Anybody that would run 120 mph in the rain with a little kid should be in the Pokey gettin butt banged!

kx slaughter king 03-27-2009 01:11 AM

thats just natural selection. lets just hope thats his only kid. and that hes sterile :D

pipedown 03-28-2009 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by srobak (Post 363762)
This I gotta hear...

How can I enlighten you?

srobak 03-29-2009 05:38 AM

What's the problem with 2up riding?

pipedown 03-29-2009 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by srobak (Post 364245)
What's the problem with 2up riding?

uuhhhh let me think??......

IT ISNT SAFE!!!!!!!!

think about it, if I really have to explain it then you're a moron!

kx slaughter king 03-29-2009 03:59 PM

sniff** sniff**

i smell a **** storm coming, grab your umbrellas.

Worlok14 03-30-2009 02:22 AM

F*ck an umbrella, I'm going to the cellar!

rocketrotary 03-30-2009 03:33 AM

It's not the fact that it's two up riding... it's the fact that he got clocked at 110 mph with his young son on the back of the bike!

srobak 03-30-2009 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by pipedown (Post 364270)
uuhhhh let me think??......
IT ISNT SAFE!!!!!!!!
think about it, if I really have to explain it then you're a moron!

Resorting to personal attacks will not gain you any points with me - or anyone else here for that matter.

That being said - as someone with 20+ years of riding a variety of powersports machines with passengers - so long as you are a competent rider yourself, and you take the time to properly introduce and educate your passenger on how to ride and be a good passenger and communicate to them during - it is no more dangerous than flying solo.

If you dispute that - well - then I advise would look at your own riding abilities before criticizing the safety level of a sport that has been enjoyed by couples (and more) since the very creation of the motorcycle.

And if I have to explain that to you deeper than that - then you are simply narrow minded.

And that's all I have to say about that.

pipedown 03-30-2009 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by srobak (Post 364384)
Resorting to personal attacks will not gain you any points with me - or anyone else here for that matter.

good thing I am not looking to be your little forum buddy.:rolleyes: You'll have to point out where I made the personal attack. I am curious to know?

That being said - as someone with 20+ years of riding a variety of powersports machines with passengers - so long as you are a competent rider yourself, and you take the time to properly introduce and educate your passenger on how to ride and be a good passenger and communicate to them .

it is no more dangerous than flying solo. .

WRONG, its alot more dangerous.

If you dispute that - well - then I advise would look at your own riding abilities before criticizing the safety level of a sport that has been enjoyed by couples (and more) since the very creation of the motorcycle.

And if I have to explain that to you deeper than that - then you are simply narrow minded..

well then I guess I dont know wtf I am talking about. Heres my take!

Here ya go Snowflake.

Fact! two up riding isnt safe.

As a rider things can happen that are out of our control and adding a passenger only complicates things. Riders have a choice to make whether to be safe or stupid while on the saddle. I have been down twice both were situations that were out of my control, the first one nearly killed me. Had I have had a passenger with me, it probably would have killed that person too. Its not a question whether the rider is capable of safely operating the motocycle with his or her passanger but the elements of danger that already surround a motorcyclist. Now add a passenger to that equation.....pfff no thank you!

I dont need to worry about my ability to ride two up. I just dont it. Its not safe, it doesnt make me operate my bike any safer and it wont help me avoid a dangerous situation any faster. It will only add to the risk for a bad situation to present itself.

Fact.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_11978660?source=bb

I can post up story's like this one above all day. Again, whether a rider carrying a passenger decides to ride like an idiot or ride responsibly, doesnt change the fact that it isnt safe. Schitt going hit the fan either way eventually.

So I will finish up with my previous post as stated clearly " I dont belive in two up riding" why????

because it isnt safe!

It doesnt help the ability for any rider to safely execute decision or inputs to avoid a dangerous situation. That applies to all aspects of execution.

Originally Posted by pipedown (Post 363604)

rocketrotary 03-30-2009 01:12 PM

Wow... I never really knew how much I was putting my life in mortal peril when I put my wife (who is also a rider) on the back of my bike! The problems IS NOT that he was riding two up. The problem is he had his kid on the back of the bike at high speed. That article you posted? That doesn't mean shyt. It even says on it that neither of them was wearing a helmet, and he lost control approaching a turn at high speed. It also doesn't mention how much or little experience he had as a rider. My parents get on their Harley Road Glide and ride across the country at least once a year. They have tens of thousands of miles on that bike from two up riding. I go pick my kids up from school every now and then on the bike. The difference is, I don't ride like a jackass when I have a passenger. Your post, Worlock, is roughly the equivalent of the NHTSI report that says sportbikes are more dangerous than other types of bikes because more people get killed on them per registered sportbike. That left out the fact that they didn't take into account the age and experience level of the riders that were killed, or how many of those wrecks alcohol was a factor in. Take an honest look at the REAL facts before you go spewing the kind of BS that you posted here. There is nothing wrong with 2up riding as long as you understand that the bike is going to handle differently, and you need to leave more room for emergency maneuvers and slow the frack down! I can sum up your arguments in one word... FAIL!!!

srobak 03-30-2009 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by pipedown (Post 364390)
You'll have to point out where I made the personal attack. I am curious to know?

Although I already quoted the pertaining part... so be it:

Originally Posted by pipedown
you're a moron!

-----

WRONG, its alot more dangerous.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but that doesn't make you right.

I guess I dont know wtf I am talking about.

In this instance, I would have to completely agree.

Here ya go Snowflake.

Again with the personal attacks. If you cannot have a discussion or debate in a civil manner kindly STFU.

Fact! two up riding isnt safe.

Oh - there it is. Damn - now you have convinced me.

As a rider things can happen that are out of our control and adding a passenger only complicates things.

Then by default - riding solo is equally unsafe. The addition of a passenger only complicates things if a) you are not a competent and responsible rider and b) your passenger is not a good passenger and/or not properly educated in being one. If an accident or situation outside of your control occurs - then it is dangerous to 1 rider just as it is to 2. The addition of a 2nd person on the bike makes it dangerous to *that person*, it does not make riding more dangerous on it's face. Big difference there.

Riders have a choice to make whether to be safe or stupid while on the saddle.

This again does not change just because of the addition of a passenger. The rider still has that choice, and if they choose to be stupid then yes - I fully blame them. By the same token - if the passenger doesn't start beating the shyte out of the back and helmet of the operator to get them to stop, slow down, or otherwise behave - then I fault them as well. Riding stupid isn't safe on it's face- and in fact is far less safe than having a passenger. The comparison you are trying to make there simply doesn't exist. Riding stupid is unsafe - regardless if you are flying solo or have 10 passengers, and the exact same correlation can be made about you driving a minivan... Driving like a dumbass in a minivan alone is not safe. Adding 5 passengers and driving like a dumbass is equally unsafe. Driving responsibly with 5 passengers is not nearly as unsafe as previous - however things can and do happen outside of the drivers (and passengers) control. This does not make driving with 5 passengers unsafe however.

Its not a question whether the rider is capable of safely operating the motocycle with his or her passanger but the elements of danger that already surround a motorcyclist.

Again these elements exist regardless of passenger or not.

Now add a passenger to that equation.....pfff no thank you!

I understand where you are coming from with this - it is a MAJOR undertaking to be responsible for the life and safety of someone else when they are riding with you. They have no choice but to trust you - so it is up to you not to violate that trust and ride responsibly, and be 100x more aware of everything going on around you than you already were before when flying solo. Hell yeah it is a big deal, and it makes me that much more cautious of a rider when I do it. But just because you are unable or un-willing to take on that responsibility does not mean that the activity is unsafe. Sorry - that is just flawed logic. My passengers know the risks involved - and they also know that I won't even allow them on my bike without a riding jacket, helmet, gloves, at least jeans and over-ankle shoes/boots. No - it will not completely insulate them should the worst happen, but every little bit counts to help minimize their risk.

It will only add to the risk for a bad situation to present itself.

Again - just because you are riding 2up doesn't mean a bad situation will present itself. It is just as likely to occur if you are flying solo. Think of it as lottery ticket odds - just because you buy a ticket doesn't give you much greater chance of winning it than it does if you didn't buy... just because you bought a ticket doesn't mean your numbers are gonna get drawn. Sure - it increases the "risk"... but only marginally - down to 1/1000th of a percent. Same applies to riding - just because you have a passenger (and are hopefully riding responsibly) doesn't mean that something is more likely to happen to you just because there is a passenger.

Fact.

No... flowed logic resulting in flawed opinion - which you are completely entitled to. But don't dare try to pass it off as fact - because statistically - it is completely unfounded.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_11978660?source=bb
I can post up story's like this one above all day.

Congratulations. For everyone one of those, I can post up 5 involving people flying solo. To that effect - solo or 2up has nothing to do with the crash - read the article you posted the link to again: "...when the bike approached a curve at a high rate of speed and began to skid"

What caused the crash? Having a passenger, or traveling too fast for the road/conditions/abilities of the rider? Think about this before you answer.

Again, whether a rider carrying a passenger decides to ride like an idiot or ride responsibly, doesnt change the fact that it isnt safe.

Couldn't disagree more. Riding solo isn't exactly safe - however riding with a passenger would be equally safe or unsafe.

Schitt going hit the fan either way eventually.

This I will agree with... and make an addendum to: Flying solo or 2up it's gonna hit the fan either way, eventually. The addition of a passenger increases those chances far less than riding like a toolbag while even solo.

"I dont belive in two up riding" [...] because it isnt safe!

Some people believe in God. Some people believe in Allah. Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions... but it doesn't make either one fact.

Again - you are welcome to your opinion - but don't try to pass it off as a blanket statement of fact.

-scr

srobak 03-30-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by rocketrotary (Post 364411)
Your post, Worlock,

Pipedown - not Worlock. We already know Worlock is unsafe - regardless of passenger. :)

EDIT: and actually - that is a perfect example for Pipedown.

deej 03-30-2009 02:56 PM

Hey Pipe you woke up the bear......now what?

Worlok14 03-30-2009 04:17 PM

Alright Sroby, you have never ridden with me, so you do not have a clue how safe of unsafe I am. I am very careful with passengers, and when I go fast, I try to find the perfect road. Yes I like doing 200 mph, but I really don't have a desire to die. My problem is that nothing scares me. But I never hot rod with passengers!
But again, I have ridden many many miles 2 up, and have never had an incedent with a passenger.
So now you are putting out blanket statements with little or no knowledge of the truth. But that's OK cause I know that you are pissed off right now! It's all good man!
I seem to recall a thread you started where you stated that you pulled a wheelie with a female passenger on board. Was that unsafe? Let's just all admit that we are all unsafe from time to time and it is due to our free spirit in being bikers, and our willingness to overlook some danger, for the thrill of speed and hot rodding our bikes. That's a part of why we ride. If all we wanted was to get from point A to point B, then a moped would suffice now wouldn't it?

pipedown 03-30-2009 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by deej (Post 364443)
Hey Pipe you woke up the bear......now what?

heh, I got your bear.

ill bet you snowflake doesnt know the first thing to getting ready for two up riding.

9 out of 10 riders dont.

hoedogg 03-30-2009 07:54 PM

alright ladies keep the insults down and lets have a clean disscussion here.:)

OMalley912 03-30-2009 08:00 PM

I hate riding 2-up it's too streesful in my opinion. I only do it for the pu-noni!

hoedogg 03-30-2009 08:17 PM

and thats a damn good reason to Omalley...lol

Originally Posted by OMalley912 (Post 364469)
I hate riding 2-up it's too streesful in my opinion. I only do it for the pu-noni!

JRock420 03-30-2009 08:32 PM

what a bastid,, that guy outta fry

Merdox 03-30-2009 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Worlok14 (Post 364451)
I seem to recall a thread you started where you stated that you pulled a wheelie with a female passenger on board. Was that unsafe?

Yea it was, but I do seem to remember that srob posted that admiting he made a mistake and to remind everyone to be extra carefull and to learn from his mistake.

Moving on. If pipe doesn't want to carry passengers then fine with me, I don't really care either way. Its not going to change my mind any. I am very conservative when riding with a passenger and I take it very serioulsy. Example: not going as fast, keeping more of a distance between me and the car in front, watching my sides more closely. If you understand how your bike handles with the added weight and don't ride like an ass hat you will probably be ok.

I agree with snowflake 100% ;) It is a big deal and shouldn't be taken lightly, but if the passenger is well briefed and understands what is going on and the risks then go out and have a good ride and enjoy the day.

srobak 03-30-2009 11:45 PM

Worlock - I was being facetious... relax. Note the smiley in the post. :) :P

All I have to go on is what you have posted in the past :)

Merdox - It is fine by me if he doesn't want passengers either - what isn't fine is making a mis-guided opinion and calling it a blanket fact without any foundation at all, and then prejudicial and belittling against people who merely make an inquiry as to its legitimacy. Those types are just way to easy to pick apart word by word, as you saw - to the point where there can't be a response. :)

Merdox 03-31-2009 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by srobak (Post 364482)
Worlock - I was being facetious... relax. Note the smiley in the post. :) :P

All I have to go on is what you have posted in the past :)

Merdox - It is fine by me if he doesn't want passengers either - what isn't fine is making a mis-guided opinion and calling it a blanket fact without any foundation at all, and then prejudicial and belittling against people who merely make an inquiry as to its legitimacy. Those types are just way to easy to pick apart word by word, as you saw - to the point where there can't be a response. :)

I agree with you all the way on this one!!!! The first part of my post was in refrence to what worlock said. the second was just my .02 cents on the topic if anyone actually cares. :)

Worlok14 03-31-2009 12:45 AM

That's OK Sroby, I still lova ya man, in a non BBC kinda way............LOL. I will admit that I do some crazy stuff, but never with a lady on the back. Dont want to mess up any good punani you know!

srobak 03-31-2009 01:13 AM

What's wrong with the BBC? They are airing Top Gear right now :D

Worlok14 03-31-2009 01:30 AM

I was refering to the broke back cowboys, or should that have been BBM? Anyway, it's all good man!

KDXmike 03-31-2009 02:41 AM

It is more dangerous riding two up because you don't have the same control over the motorcycle as you do with just yourself. That's why drivers riding 'two up' modify how they drive and where they drive to balance out the risk.

The motorcycle driver and the passenger would be safer in a well built car instead of a motorcycle wheather it be one or two passengers. It would be safer still if we all just stayed home. But how dull...

Mike

Talca 03-31-2009 01:07 PM

wow..I leave for a couple of days and the poop is everywhere...

hoedogg 03-31-2009 01:13 PM

theres no poop, just ask snowflake....:D

Originally Posted by Talca (Post 364540)
wow..I leave for a couple of days and the poop is everywhere...

srobak 03-31-2009 02:07 PM

Well it sure as hell aint snow!

pipedown 03-31-2009 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by hoedogg (Post 364542)
theres no poop, just ask snowflake....:D

its a fitting name. He didnt like it at first but im sure he will come to appreciate it.

Im not done with this thread yet either. Still waiting for snowflake to answer my question.

A guy with 20 years of riding should know the answer, easily.

Worlok14 03-31-2009 05:17 PM

I have heard that snow snakes exist in Chicago, and up in Canada.......LOL Ever seen a snow snake snowflake?

srobak 04-01-2009 12:08 AM

Keep on waiting. I rebutted every "fact" you could try to lay out - ball is in your court.

And the name is "srobak" - not snowflake. Respect is earned - not bullied. You want a response - act with some respect.