Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Where were you 6 years ago today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Where were you 6 years ago today...

props to OD thanks alot.

when i work down at the stadium for the cincinnati reds we have alot of military come in and i make it a point to thank them for there services every time they pass.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Thats cool BN....its really nice...People see Brian in uniform and thank him when we are out running errands...they shake his hand....its really nice...means a lot to him so I know it means a lot to all the military members.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I woke up and as I usually do, I turned on the news at 6:30 pacific time, and watched in horror as did the rest of the country what would unfold into one of the worst things that I have ever witnessed. I came into work, and walked over to the dinning room, turned on the TV and sat there for 8 hours watching and wondering what makes people do these kinds of things. I didn't do any work that day, it was as if it just didn't matter, as if what ever I had in mind could wait. I often reflect on that day and the days that would follow, and still am in shock and disbelief that it happened at all. ...........[&:]..........................

Old 09-11-2007, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I remember like it was yeaterday. Just got the job site and started working. Heard it on the radio and thought it was an accident at first. As minutes and hours went by I got the info on what happened. I wanted to leave work and get to tv. My brother was in the Navy at the time so I was worried for him. Man, I'm just still so angry! I know exactly where 93 went down, because I've been there many times before.

A big thanks to vic, od and all the rest of you who served.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
1st Gear Member

+1000000000[sm=patriot.gif]

Old 09-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Was at a jobsite listening to the radio. Work stopped for a few hrs so that everyone could hear what was happening.

I was over there in '87 so thought the military would accept my sign on. Prob was, the militarydid not accept single parents.

My hat is off to our military men and women out there, past and present.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:36 AM
1st Gear Member

i just remember not bein able to focus the rest of the day. i remember i had a date with this girl i really like at the time she was a doll i just couldnt even go it just put a erie feelin in my stomach. they printed a ton of american flags that day in the paper and i put one in my back window of my car at the time

Old 09-12-2007, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I was at work makin wiring harnesses for our American Airlines 757's when one of the guys came and told me what happened. We watched in disbelief all day long.2 of our Airplanes were involved in that and many fellow employees. That event affected this whole country and ALL the people in it. The guy who told me, came over and said "Hey Adam, look what your brothers did" because he knew that I was Muslim. That HURT A LOT! A lot of people were looking at me wierd for a long time like I was one of the Terrorists. Had even been called one several times. I spent half of my life working on airplanes, keeping them safe and makking sure they stay in the air. I am 40 now and have worked for AA for 19 years.It's really sad the stereotypes people have or can be easily led to believe about othe peoples Race, Religion, Color and/ orGender. I was very hessitant in telling you guys this (about being a Muslim) but I am proud. Proud to be Muslim & Proud to be American!

Sad day in the Life of America & Americans indeed. God Bless US ALL!

Old 09-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

No worries Adam. Family is where it is at.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:48 AM
1st Gear Member

01-30-2003, 09:28 PM#154
srobak

Cashmoney's post brought this back to the first page -

I hadnt read this thread before.

I just read the whole thing now.

And I remember...

I remember being late on my way to work, hearing the radio break in saying a plane hit the world trade center.

I remember walking into work and heading straight for the lounge where the ENTIRE office was gathered watching this small TV in the corner.

I remember watching the TV as a reporter was talking and they were showing the twin towers, one of them burning... and I remember watching that second plane run into the second building.

I remember being in complete shock. Frozen. Like everyone else from the office - frozen. Work no longer important. Nothing important anymore - except this. Our country under attack.

I remember watching it all happen.

I remember making a collect call to my dad - who served 20 years in the military - from the office phone in the lounge and asking him if he had the TV on, him saying no and telling him to turn on CNN and hearing him saying "oh my god" barely audible.

I remember driving home from work that night.

I remember going out later that night for something - damned if I can remember what - and the streets being COMPLETELY DESERTED. Everyone at home - watching TV and on the phones with their loved ones.

I remember the same thing happening the next night... not a freakin car on the road. Not a single person in the stores.

I remember a news report from the police chief in Gary Indiana, a city so plagued by crime that it has set record after record in the last twenty years - this chief said that he didn't have a SINGLE CRIME to report. Not one.

I remember seeing pictures of the Pentagon and feeling really scared after realizing that the plane strike there was in the same ring that my dad worked in 18 years prior... yeah a long time ago, but it was still strange to know that as a little boy, *I* had walked in a hallway that was no longer there.

I remember the first sporting event I went to after that - in October - an Indiana University football game. I remember the ENTIRE CROWD in complete tears during the National Anthem.

I remember.

And I will ALWAYS remember.

And God help ANYONE of ANY RACE or from ANY COUNTRY who crosses my path and has chosen to forget - especially if they are American.

I will always remember.

Quick Reply: Where were you 6 years ago today...