Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

What ever happened to respect?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Default RE: What ever happened to respect?

Spoons from the drawer lol, My mother just pulled the big wooden spoon or fork that hung on the wall remember those

Old 10-26-2007, 12:48 PM
1st Gear Member

The phrase my boys fear above all is me telling them "Go get me a belt!" My butt wasn't too good for a belt when I was a kid, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let my kids act like that.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Whoop 'em rock

Old 10-26-2007, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't hesitate. My boys will act right, or I will give them some act-right

Old 10-26-2007, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I have girls so I spanked them lightly..a few times...and they behave extremely well. It never worked that well on us when we were kids. I knew I was gonna get spanked and would still do it

Old 10-26-2007, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I personally hate these puss kids who cry to get out of stuff, or their parents think they are perfect. Now if a kid does something wrong they get suspended form school thrown out or detentions and they go home and their parents just give them a time out. Last year I got detention for doing something dumb and I got the big spoon that has the holes in it that hangs on the wall. My mom is kind of weak but it still stung. I'm not going to raise my kids to try and get out of stuff, they need to accept full punishment.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:24 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawi750r

my cousin got it pretty good from our grandma tho, he would even get 'pre-emtive' strikes, he'd walk by and WHAM get smacked in the back of the head and turn to say 'what was that for?', grandma would explain 'idk but i'm sure i missed something'.

Haha I still get that

Old 10-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I have this posted on our mudroom bulletin board in the entryway athome:

"In his book, Bill Gates talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a full generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world:

1. Life is not fair. Get used to it.
2. The world won't care about your self esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.
3. You will NOT make 40 thousand dollars a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice president with acar phone, until you earn both.
4. If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure.
5. Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for flipping burgers; they called it opportunity.
6. If you mess up, it's not your parent's fault, so don't whine about your mistakes. Learn from them.
7. Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes, and listening to you talk about how cool you are. So, before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try "delousing" the closet in your own room.
8. Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades; they'll give you as many chances as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblence to ANYTHING in real life.
9.Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.
10. Television is NOT real life. In real life, people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
11. Be nice to nerds. Chances are, you'll end up working for one.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Good advice Jeff[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 10-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

im waiting
ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: Will Shoe

HAHAHA!

Deej ride a wheelie
Ok that's it, it looks like I need to put up or shut up. Stay tuned for a wheelie video from the deej. Coming soon to a theatre near you.

Quick Reply: What ever happened to respect?