Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

What ever happened to respect?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What ever happened to respect?

the problem now is that you can't beat your kids, and with all this progressive parenting, where you have to tell the kid how special he/she is, entering the workforce new manager are having to say complements to their employees just so that they do an ok job that they are expected to do. ah heck i will say it america is raising a bunch ill manered wimps

Old 10-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea and don't forget, everyone gets a trophy just for showing up.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

My kids still get spanked...and guess what...I rarely have to do it because they know what will happen...so they just behave.My freinds who have kids the same age and dont believe in spanking have asked mehow I get the kids to behave so well...

Old 10-25-2007, 10:53 PM
1st Gear Member

i always got the willow reed, fly swatter, or backhand and i'm not that old! same i'm gonna do to my kids, i say f*ck the rules and raise your kids RIGHT!!

Old 10-25-2007, 10:55 PM
1st Gear Member

hey i am still afraid to look at my parents the wrong way, they tag team and kick the crap out of me

Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hokie01

Deej,I hear what your saying about these young punks.I still to this day refer to some of the older people in town as Mr. or Mrs. and it's normal to me,these kids have no respect at all.I guess all the time outs and nice talks from the parents will never replace the old fashioned belt beatings we had.
Bingo

Old 10-25-2007, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member

anyone ever had to go out to the tree and bring back your own switch?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:29 PM
1st Gear Member

When my dad worked the radio room at the police station he received a 911 call from a lady who said that her daughter went to a party when she was supposed to be babysitting her baby and she said that she was just giving the 911 operatorsa heads up in case the neighbors called to report screaming children because "The beatings is about to commence"

Old 10-25-2007, 11:47 PM

I have three kids and they are all respectfull if they are not they get it, i don't beat them with baseball bats but they will get a good spankin, the problem now a days is the kids know they can't get beat its drilled into their little heads that all they have to do is call 911 and they can get away with anything, not like the old days when i was growing up. Dad would pick us up from school then drive to the bar have some drinks then put us in the car with no seatbelts or car seats then play a game of miss the pot holes while we the kids slide side to side on the vynile seats.
If we did anything wrong mom would make us go a get our own switch from the weaping willow tree and if was not long enough we had to get one that would wrap around us twice then snap us in the back(god that hurt) but i don't disrespect anyone or their property
We did our little pranks as kids but not to the destructive extent the kids now a days do but i guess they didn't get the proper parenting that we got as kids.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PittZX636247

I have three kids and they are all respectfull if they are not they get it, i don't beat them with baseball bats but they will get a good spankin, the problem now a days is the kids know they can't get beat its drilled into their little heads that all they have to do is call 911 and they can get away with anything, not like the old days when i was growing up. Dad would pick us up from school then drive to the bar have some drinks then put us in the car with no seatbelts or car seats then play a game of miss the pot holes while we the kids slide side to side on the vynile seats.
If we did anything wrong mom would make us go a get our own switch from the weaping willow tree and if was not long enough we had to get one that would wrap around us twice then snap us in the back(god that hurt) but i don't disrespect anyone or their property
We did our little pranks as kids but not to the destructive extent the kids now a days do but i guess they didn't get the proper parenting that we got as kids.

WOW!! Was there a hidden camera filming my life growing up? How did you know every detail. And yes we survived.

Quick Reply: What ever happened to respect?