Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

What do You Carry?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What do You Carry?

If I had my choice, I'd get a Sig Sauer P226.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:36 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawikathy

Oh my... be still my beating heart...

Old 12-08-2007, 04:50 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Ohhh, got a pic of the Kimber
No - I never did get a shot of it. It was completely stock though - it was perfect. No need to mess with it.

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

btw, what's it like to shoot that Desert Eagle....any accuracy? and what's up with the notches in the barrel?
What's it like to shoot it? Completely ridiculous. Like I said - there is absolutely NO practical application for that gun. You know how most big bores kick up and back? Ok - this... you grab it with both hands, hold on HARD - I mean flex and firm up your fore-arms like you are hanging on to pipe, dangling 500 feet over the city street...

Squeeze the trigger and instead of coming back and up, it wrenches OVER to the side, likely bouncing off the table. Even your next shot - now that you know what it will do - you cannot compensate. Thing counter-rotation of a propellor fighter plane from ww2. You gotta be like Arnold to manage the thing. I was usually good for about 4 or 5 shots before I had to step away from it. It is an absolutely ridiculous weapon... to the point where all you can do is laugh. As for accuracy - never bothered to try. If I hit the tree stump at all I was happy. I was more concerned with the thing not flying out of my hand. I will tell you straight up that no one will ever one-hand this weapon... it would quite possibly twist their arm over to the point of making them do a barrel-roll in the air like some kinda NINJA or something.

Notches - when closing the breach - the bolt would have the opposite side of those notches, and lock in against the barrel and ramp... so much violence in such a small place - it probably needed it as a guide-pin sort of arrangement to lock up for the next round.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:55 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

Old 12-08-2007, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poodlenuts

we have no law in my town

Too much grass for Oklahoma after a twister levels the town, too densely populated for Montana... so - it's either Kentucky after some big storms, or New Orleans suburbs after the flood...

Old 12-08-2007, 05:36 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: srobak

As for accuracy - never bothered to try. If I hit the tree stump at all I was happy.
haha, it really doesnt matter if you can hit anything, If someone ismessing with youand you pull out that much firepower, there is a very small chance you will need to use it

Old 12-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

Old 12-08-2007, 06:09 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Prom

ORIGINAL: srobak

As for accuracy - never bothered to try. If I hit the tree stump at all I was happy.
haha, it really doesnt matter if you can hit anything, If someone ismessing with youand you pull out that much firepower, there is a very small chance you will need to use it
I disagree Prom....if my weapon ever comes out, center of mass, just like I was trained.......thank goodness I've never had to...and I hope I never will.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I carry beer in my backpack. From the Class VI to my house is about a mile.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:44 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: kawikathy

Hey is that you? I wanna see the picture in focus

I thought this post was about guns, not my face. Besides I'm undercover and on a case! Hey, that rhymes!

Quick Reply: What do You Carry?