Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Well, I'm buying a new house!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 03:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Well, I'm buying a new house!

I have wanted to move to the country for a long time. The city life is just not for me. I love Indy as far as towns go, but it does not compare with country living. I have found a house north of Genoa Ohio that is 10 minutes from lake Erie, on a 10 acre plot. It has a 30 X 60 foot shop, a large crystal blue pond right behind the house, and a lot of space in the back of the property for ATV riding.
The pond is slam full of large bass, with a huge garden, and fruit trees all over the property. This is the kind of place that you could survive on if times ever get bad. I guess this will be my retirement place because I could not think of a place I would rather be.
There are a lot of refineries in this area so I can do consultant work here with no problem.
It is going to be great having a large shop, and I plan on eventually quiting construction and just build custom bikes as well as doing customizing and reapairs for whoever.
I do not like the winters here but with the shop, I can just tinker with bikes all winter and ride ATV's on the back 40.
I am signing the purchase agreement today and going fishing in my new pond. Once I'm all settled in, I am going to start tweeking the shop out with air lift, large compressor, tire changer, and all the stuff a motorhead biker could ever want. I also think I will build an ajoining room for a paint booth.
Of course I will have a pool table, and a kickass stereo system with wet bar right in the shop for hangarounds.
Oh, and the pond even has a white sand beach for bikini hangarounds. My dream is finally coming true!
I'm just a little excited about this, can you tell? P.S., the house is nice too!

Old 10-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

If times get bad? You mean like NOW!!!! Congratulations on the house man, sounds like a great place to live. And hey you got a pond to throw those Harley's into. You gotta throw up some pics, sounds great.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Sweet. I want a home in the country someday .

Old 10-12-2008, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

hey, you should put that in your will....

and ps. i love country houses

Old 10-13-2008, 12:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, and I will try to dunk a few Harleys to form a corral reef in the deep end and I'm gonna dunk dykes in the shallow end by the beach.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:30 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, catch any fish yet?

Old 10-13-2008, 06:27 AM
1st Gear Member

thats AWESOME bro!!!! congrats!!
i know where the first annual KF meet and greet and bikini bike wash and harle and dyke dunk will be held...

you ready to adopt me yet?

awesome tho.. bet you got a deal with this economy.. definitely happy for ya man!!

Old 10-13-2008, 09:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, actually I am buying this place before the economy gets so bad that it limits what people can borrow or even buy. I am selling my house in Indy while the interest rate is down, and as the goverment is doing this bailout plan. I am afraid that if I wait, I'll never get another chance. Some people like to think things will get better, I think they can only get worse. And my company has a lot of projects going for the next three years so I can at least sell the house in Indy before that.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 PM
1st Gear Member

nice man - i'm jealous... except for the cold winters anyways.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah i know, but that's what the shop is for. Every winter will be filled with bike projects plus I plan to have a pool table, wet bar, killer stereo to boot. It will be like man world. I had to have a large shop or I would never be able to deal with the winters.
The winters are cold but arent they cold in Maryland as well?

Quick Reply: Well, I'm buying a new house!