Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Warning to fellow bikers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 03:45 AM
Default Warning to fellow bikers!!!

I am posting this as a fair warning for all fellow bikers out there, pass the word so no one else has to go through what I had to. Here is the story.
I ordered an undertail from a website called "exoticsportbike.com" on June 8th. The payment was taken within 24 hoursof order placement. I received an automated e-mail that stated I should receive my product between 5-10 business days.
8 business days into it, I wrote an e-mail to "customer service" to inquire about the order status, the reply was "it hasn't been ten days yet".
12 business days into the order, called their "sales" line, the person on the other end says an e-mail had been sent with my tracking number. A day after the phone call I received this "tracking number". The tracking number turns out to be for someone else.
Called and e-mailed again with a reply of "there was a mix up in the shipping dept", another day goes by, got another "tracking number". Now almost one MONTH after my order was placed and money taken I have nothing but a "tracking number" that shows me the item still isn't even in transport.
This "company" does not have a phone number for customer service, no address information and will charge you 20% for an order cancellation.
I placed my order based on a Pashnit article which I now completely regret and will contact my bank to report a fraudulent charge.
Be warned!! Do not purchase anything from this website "exoticsportbik.com". Let everyone know.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:55 AM
Default RE: Warning to fellow bikers!!!

Thanks for the warning. I've decided against replacing the front fender on my bike, the foremost portion of which some idiot decided to use as a test of their strength rather than trying to tear a phone book in half, and snapped the end off and left a major split in the remainder of the front end of it. But if I change my mind I won't shop there. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:15 AM

Thanks for the info. I believe I was on their site, good thing I didn't order anything. Hopefully you will be able to get everything worked out.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:23 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Was this the link http://www.exoticsportbike.com/ outofmyway?

Old 07-03-2007, 04:38 AM

Yep, that's the stinking site.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:40 AM

The only time you'll get to talk to a live person is when they are taking your money.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:44 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Keep us informed on how things go. I hate waiting for toys and I really hate when there is no customer relations. Wish ya well.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

man that site just looks bad....... just look how different other sites are.....http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ http://www.bikebandit.com/ i wouldnt order anything from there..... plus i dont have a sport bike.....lol

Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM

This is a good post, outofmyway. We need to look out for each other and not let those rip-off "businesses" get over on us.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

thanx for the heads up!!

Quick Reply: Warning to fellow bikers!!!