Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Useless Thread, " Finding It "

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Useless Thread, " Finding It "

I know the reason behind it, but I still think it's crap. We're grown *** men, and they're trying to play parent, trying to control us like that. I actually think the rules are a great thing. It helps give responsible riders a little more safety (ie, the reflector belt being mandatory makes it easier for us to be seen, and the protective clothing helps keep us from getting messed up real bad if we go down) but the stupid inspections that are designed simply to harrass riders into not wanting to ride is rediculous.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

well when you dealing with people of varying intellegence on a large scale (millions of people), its pretty tough to keep as many of them combat ready as possible. Like wearing relflectors while running in civi's in the daytime, you got a million people who like to run, some of them are going to get hurt. It makes sense when you look at the numbers, but just looking at it on a small scale of a few intelligent people who dont have to have common sence injected into their brains by their LTs it becomes utterly ridiculous.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

This is a valid point, and one duly noted.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Inspections are a little much especially if they only do it on bikes and not cars too.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member

They try to justify it as a "Security Inspection" when cages are where the bombs would be hidden... they didn't even check the bike for a bomb or anything else... just gave me a hard time over it, accused me of stealing the bike (that was a good one!) I'm sick of them.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Worlok14

Youare a truly fortunate dude, dude. You must live in a great climate unlike us poor old riders in Yankeeland.

Worlok14
Yep. Florida.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Prom

Inspections are a little much especially if they only do it on bikes and not cars too.
They always were searching cars...never checked my bike. You need to go to Ft. Campbell. Do you guys have to do the vehicle inspections before passes/leave? That was always my favorite. Digging through my stupid private's ghetto wagons andmaking suretheir headlights worked. [8D]

Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I think one reason that the Government dont like their soldiers to ride is because they have to provide health care. So if you get all tore up in bike wreck, they have to pay for your med bills, pay your salary,and you get to go on light duty for a while. I bet that really pisses em off!

Worlok

Old 02-15-2008, 11:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Ah...it is better then all of the chit bags who are on light duty because they are weak.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes Rick, we have to do those inspections before every pass/4-day weekend. I'm planning on going to Ft. Campbell (if 160th SOAR approves my application anyway)

Quick Reply: Useless Thread, " Finding It "