Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Transformers

Old 07-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Default RE: Transformers

I definitely think it is worth seeing although I'm not as excited about it as most of you are. My "kids" (20 and 23) said it was one of the greatest as well, so maybe it's a generational thing. I guess I have to remember I saw Star Wars the first week it was released so I know I'll never get blown away like that again. Anyway, here's my very honest review without spoilers:

I’ve tried to write this where there are no spoilers and I think I succeeded.

The action was really good. The Transformers were excellent and the vehicles created/used for this movie are sweet –I want a new Camaro!

The acting wasn’t bad, actually, maybe a little over done at times, but still good.

There was just the right amount of humor if maybe [/i]a little too much silliness, but I still laughed so it’s all good. All the Transformers had personality and I think that was well done.

There were some nice close-ups of the lovely faces of the young women with too much make-up –I’m more into the natural look. I must say, the two young women in this movie are very beautiful. I think the blond “aussie” chick may have been the weak link as far as acting goes. The brunette was smokin' hot.

Most movies like this usually make the U.S. military look inept at best and usually down-right foolish. Not so with this one. They actually put a decent face on the military and were smart enough to create a fictional government entity (S-7[/i] or something like that) to make look not quite evil but at least mean and foolish as well as incompetent.

The movie took one cheap shot at Dubya, but I think it was all in fun and not necessarily meant to be a political swipe and it made me laugh.

The one real thing that annoyed me was the underlying theme that youth under the age of 20 are the only intelligent people on the planet and that everyone “older” is either naïve, ignorant, stupid, incompetent, or evil –or a combination of those things.

I also think a character or two was thrown in for the sake of “diversity” –the “superhacker” really was an unnecessary character for one. There were one or two other areas where the filmmakers attempted to put an “urban” touch in the movie. That would have been fine if it wouldn’t have been so clumsily done –and obviously gratuitous. That’s just my opinion, though.

Well, that's what all of this is –just my opinion.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member

....more than meets the eye....da...da..da

Old 07-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Sequel, sequel, sequel . . .

Old 07-11-2007, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep I can see a sequel in the future .

Old 07-11-2007, 08:09 PM

Sweet a$$ bike, by the way mikey.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Well of course Hollywood put in some ridiculous ****, but that's to be expected. The fact that they didn't completely botch it, like King Kong fighting a Tyranosaurus, well I'd say it's a triumph!

Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BurntOrange

Sweet a$$ bike, by the way mikey.
thanks .....taken pride in doing a few mods here and there when the cash flow will allow for it .

Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Mikey, you've almost made your way to PWI. Anyway, I've debated on whether or not to see this movie based on acouple ofchanges that I feel should have never been made.
#1... Bumblebee is a VW Bug, not a Camaro. If they wanted to modernize it, they should have made BB a NewBeetle instead of an old one, that way they could have still been somewhat true to the Transformers.
#2... Hot rod wasn't in it, from what I've read. If they were going to put the new Camaro in the movie, then it should have been Hot Rod, not BumbleBee
#3... The license plate on the new Camaro says Saleen... Do NOT insult Saleen like that!
#4... Optimus Prime is supposed to be a Cab Over truck, not a long nose

Just my observations. I'll probably see it when it gets over here anyway, but I'm already dissapointed in it!

Vic

Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Good Special Affects is all I got to say. Some funny parts in it as well. Family discussions.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

good flick!!

Search this Thread