Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Transformers (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/transformers-13473/)

MeansGo 07-03-2007 07:31 AM

Transformers

Just saw it, and aside from a few... odd additions to already good base... It completely exceeded all my expectations and is one of my favorite movies of all time. Now I'm probably a bit bias since it was one of my favorites growing up, but if you get the chance or had the urge already... GO SEE IT!

markmeinteil 07-03-2007 07:39 AM

RE: Transformers

I know I used to watch it all the time also when I was a kid, but honestly I don't really remember it too well. But yeah, the movie looks cool.:)

hoedogg 07-03-2007 02:26 PM

i wanna see it!!

Merdox 07-03-2007 06:13 PM

Talked to a coupleof guys last night who saw it and they said it was awsome.

aszrael1266 07-03-2007 06:33 PM

I'm seeing ittomorrow nightat the Imax in dublin.

OMalley912 07-03-2007 09:05 PM

Imax is a good idea aszrael. I think therre's a hot chick in it too. If I remember correctly she's on this months Maxim..

MeansGo 07-03-2007 10:27 PM

A hot chic from Dublin working in the movie theatre is on Maxim?

hoedogg 07-05-2007 02:30 PM

she slings popcorn when she's not showing her junk to the world:D..lol

ORIGINAL: MeansGo

A hot chic from Dublin working in the movie theatre is on Maxim?

aszrael1266 07-05-2007 04:10 PM

Man it was a good movie. I didn't get home till 2am and I am pretty tired but the movie was worth it.

aszrael1266 07-05-2007 05:04 PM

Any one stay till the very end of the credits to see the dino bot?

MeansGo 07-05-2007 11:23 PM

I stayed until Starscream flew out of the atmosphere, but I'm going back w/ my mom & my son tomorrow so now I'll definitely stay!

deej 07-05-2007 11:39 PM

Is everyone serious? I was just saying that the commercials were so lame, the transformations happen so fast its sad. I also said that if I got in for free, and someone bought me popcorn and a drink I still wouldn't want to see it. Are you guys for real? Crap, now I will have to take my kid to it...........I wonder how much money he has?:D:D:D

aszrael1266 07-05-2007 11:53 PM

I heard the play a dino bot scene at the end of the movie. Then I've heard some people say they don't. I didn't stay past the star scream part but I found the videos of the dino bot online
http://jalopnik.com/cars/robots-in-disguise'in-disguise/transformers-movie-update-sector-seven-video-gives-nod-to-dinobots-insecticons-lazerbeak-and-generation-one-bumblebee-261435.php

it also shows insectacons and sound wave. I think they are hinting at a second movie.:D

Notstock 07-06-2007 12:03 AM

Starting the Hype! good marketing to get your customers talking about something that has not even been anounced yet.

The previews looked good and after hearing the reviews hear I will have to see it.

Deej, hell man put a crowbar in your wallet and take your kid to movies :D

firstninjabike 07-06-2007 06:53 PM

HOLY HELL THAT MOVIE WAS INF*CKINGCREDIBLE

mikeyntnc 07-06-2007 10:20 PM

Good movie . Killer special effects .

MaverickAus 07-07-2007 09:56 AM

Deej it's a great movie go see it

MeansGo 07-09-2007 06:13 AM

I waited till they turned on the lights and asked me to leave and I saw NO Dinobot.

hoedogg 07-09-2007 01:57 PM

great flick[8D]i liked it!!

mmi86 07-11-2007 02:04 AM

yeah deff no dino bot either down here in flordia, it was a ballin movie,

BurntOrange 07-11-2007 06:16 PM

I definitely think it is worth seeing although I'm not as excited about it as most of you are. My "kids" (20 and 23) said it was one of the greatest as well, so maybe it's a generational thing. I guess I have to remember I saw Star Wars the first week it was released so I know I'll never get blown away like that again. Anyway, here's my very honest review without spoilers:

I’ve tried to write this where there are no spoilers and I think I succeeded.

The action was really good. The Transformers were excellent and the vehicles created/used for this movie are sweet –I want a new Camaro!

The acting wasn’t bad, actually, maybe a little over done at times, but still good.

There was just the right amount of humor if maybe [/i]a little too much silliness, but I still laughed so it’s all good. All the Transformers had personality and I think that was well done.

There were some nice close-ups of the lovely faces of the young women with too much make-up –I’m more into the natural look. I must say, the two young women in this movie are very beautiful. I think the blond “aussie” chick may have been the weak link as far as acting goes. The brunette was smokin' hot.

Most movies like this usually make the U.S. military look inept at best and usually down-right foolish. Not so with this one. They actually put a decent face on the military and were smart enough to create a fictional government entity (S-7[/i] or something like that) to make look not quite evil but at least mean and foolish as well as incompetent.

The movie took one cheap shot at Dubya, but I think it was all in fun and not necessarily meant to be a political swipe and it made me laugh.

The one real thing that annoyed me was the underlying theme that youth under the age of 20 are the only intelligent people on the planet and that everyone “older” is either naïve, ignorant, stupid, incompetent, or evil –or a combination of those things.

I also think a character or two was thrown in for the sake of “diversity” –the “superhacker” really was an unnecessary character for one. There were one or two other areas where the filmmakers attempted to put an “urban” touch in the movie. That would have been fine if it wouldn’t have been so clumsily done –and obviously gratuitous. That’s just my opinion, though.

Well, that's what all of this is –just my opinion.

zzrick 07-11-2007 07:46 PM

....more than meets the eye....da...da..da

BurntOrange 07-11-2007 07:53 PM

Sequel, sequel, sequel . . .

mikeyntnc 07-11-2007 08:02 PM

Yep I can see a sequel in the future .

BurntOrange 07-11-2007 08:09 PM

Sweet a$$ bike, by the way mikey.

MeansGo 07-11-2007 09:17 PM

Well of course Hollywood put in some ridiculous ****, but that's to be expected. The fact that they didn't completely botch it, like King Kong fighting a Tyranosaurus, well I'd say it's a triumph!

mikeyntnc 07-11-2007 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: BurntOrange

Sweet a$$ bike, by the way mikey.
thanks .....taken pride in doing a few mods here and there when the cash flow will allow for it .

rocketrotary 07-28-2007 10:17 AM

Mikey, you've almost made your way to PWI. Anyway, I've debated on whether or not to see this movie based on acouple ofchanges that I feel should have never been made.
#1... Bumblebee is a VW Bug, not a Camaro. If they wanted to modernize it, they should have made BB a NewBeetle instead of an old one, that way they could have still been somewhat true to the Transformers.
#2... Hot rod wasn't in it, from what I've read. If they were going to put the new Camaro in the movie, then it should have been Hot Rod, not BumbleBee
#3... The license plate on the new Camaro says Saleen... Do NOT insult Saleen like that!
#4... Optimus Prime is supposed to be a Cab Over truck, not a long nose

Just my observations. I'll probably see it when it gets over here anyway, but I'm already dissapointed in it!

Vic

BigO 07-31-2007 05:03 PM

Good Special Affects is all I got to say. Some funny parts in it as well. Family discussions.

hoedogg 07-31-2007 05:18 PM

good flick!!

Kohburn 07-31-2007 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

Mikey, you've almost made your way to PWI. Anyway, I've debated on whether or not to see this movie based on acouple ofchanges that I feel should have never been made.
#1... Bumblebee is a VW Bug, not a Camaro. If they wanted to modernize it, they should have made BB a NewBeetle instead of an old one, that way they could have still been somewhat true to the Transformers.
#2... Hot rod wasn't in it, from what I've read. If they were going to put the new Camaro in the movie, then it should have been Hot Rod, not BumbleBee
#3... The license plate on the new Camaro says Saleen... Do NOT insult Saleen like that!

Just my observations. I'll probably see it when it gets over here anyway, but I'm already dissapointed in it!

Vic
things have to change to be relevant to today.
they were all GM cars so BB couldn't be a beetle - money made the movie happen - so can't complain too much.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6415/DC5D980AF3BD4FDB8E278845C45912B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6415/39A0339D642F406F828249D00B790F7A.jpg[/IMG]

BigO 07-31-2007 06:49 PM

Wasn't the Cop car a Dodge Charger?

BigO 07-31-2007 06:54 PM

Man I just looked it up and he was a Saleen Mustang.

Kohburn 07-31-2007 06:55 PM

mustang - and it was evil ;)

BigO 07-31-2007 06:56 PM

Deceptive as in deceptacon. HAHAHA. [8D]

hoedogg 07-31-2007 07:45 PM

damm shes hot[:-]

ORIGINAL: Kohburn

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

Vic
things have to change to be relevant to today.
they were all GM cars so BB couldn't be a beetle - money made the movie happen - so can't complain too much.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6415/DC5D980AF3BD4FDB8E278845C45912B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6415/39A0339D642F406F828249D00B790F7A.jpg[/IMG]

BigO 07-31-2007 07:47 PM

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 and so on.

hoedogg 07-31-2007 07:51 PM

i could eat the corn out of her S***T she's so hot:D

BigO 07-31-2007 07:57 PM

Wooo there HD settle down now.

hoedogg 07-31-2007 08:05 PM