Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Trading "horns" for the "bowtie"

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Trading "horns" for the "bowtie"

ORIGINAL: Merdox

What do you do in the oil fields that beat up the trucks so much? I have had my titan for three years and I beat the crap out of it in the mountains doing off roading and it has been the best truck I have ever owned? Just curious.
It can get pretty rough, I'll explain from what I normally do. First I got pick up a bunch of equipment that weights just over a ton (someone had actually measured it by weight their truck but i forget the exact number) Not alot of weight for these at all but its added weight. Next I'll drive 8-12 hours to get to the lease road (the road that is dug up of its trees and rubbish to get towards the rig) probably about 1000km average to a lease road. Then we'll go down this twisty thing that seems like it was build in WWI, until we get to the rig. Usually alot of uphil driving. Very hard on the shocks, bottom out all the time. Sometimes we get so hung up in mud that it gets packed under so tight that we can't even fully shift into park (that happened to my buddy, hes truck rolled out of the wash bay into a sign).

Its by no means the worst scenarios you can put in front of a truck, but it adds up because we do it ALOT. And of course theres human error. You can drive into a ditch durring a sudden white out. just lots of stuff. Oh and plus when we get a little time at work, we'll go offroading in the mountains too

Don't get me wrong, nice trucks. Just wouldnt last long enough for me.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just messing, but I still love my DODGE RAM 2500 4X4 With the Cummins engine. It only has 117,000 miles and for a 99 that's not bad. I fully expect to get 400,000 miles out of the engine, and with less than 2 years to pay on it I'm gonna run naked around the neighborhood when I send in the last payment. Ok maybe not naked but you get the idea. I am never buying another truck as long as I live. I hate payments. In fact the 02 Camry will be paid for right around the same time, man that's is going to be awesome, that's like getting an $800.00 a month raise. I'll be counting the days.

Oh congrats on the new truck. A friend of mine showed up at work today with the 07 Nissan Frontier 4 door 4 x 4, and I have to say the truck is really nice. I drove it to the boat launch and back. Very nice. But I'm sticking to my guns, the time in my life shelling out money every month for vehicles is over. Peace.
I loved my dodge too. Only problems I had was twisting up the universal joints from my bully dog chip. Never had any engine or tranny troubles. I'd get another one for sure (I think) but I wanted a change of scnario. 03 just rolled over 200,000KM. I have to say though this chev handles way better, way more power and way more comfortable on the inside!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:21 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Merdox

I have two years until my truck is payed off and it will be a great day. I might run naked around my block as well.
Just make sure if we see each other that we have no eye contact.
Its a deal

Old 10-23-2007, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I loved my fx4....but dont miss the mpg's on it.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
1st Gear Member

moron thats all i got to say about that

Old 10-23-2007, 06:38 PM
1st Gear Member

what?

Old 10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackNinjaZX6R

????? Are you alright buddy? Are you taking your medication?[8D]

Old 10-23-2007, 11:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzrick

what?
not to your rick. i would never by a chevy especially if i was goin to beat the crap out of it
ford for sure

Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackNinjaZX6R

????? Are you alright buddy? Are you taking your medication?[8D]
yeah im allright i owuld never trade for a chevy a ford would get the job done just fine

Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

calling me a moron? my my my.

Quick Reply: Trading "horns" for the "bowtie"