Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

ticket question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: ticket question

numerous pieces

Stupid deer, dam things can here a twig brake from a quarter mile but not a 6 ton truck moving at 60mph. Go figure!

Old 08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Notstock

numerous pieces

Stupid deer, dam things can here a twig brake from a quarter mile but not a 6 ton truck moving at 60mph. Go figure!
hahahahaha!!! how true that is!!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

my guess is if you went to court you could get it thrown out. but that means you have to goto court. I don't believe there are any points for that ticket.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

That ticket sounds pretty stupid to me. So what is he actualy siting you for. Riding safe? if so then how can they give you any points for that. I would go to the seen and take some pic's to show to the judge. If there is anything wrong with the road (which wouldn't surprise me in PA) they will throw it out since the road could have caused it.

Let us know what happens. Hopefully they will dismiss the ticket.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

i believe any time there is a accident and the police are called, there will be a ticket issued. When i wrecked my bike, I got a ticket sent to me in the mail, 3 weeks after the fact.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member

ok Mike.

I asked my wife and she said more than likely you will not get the tic dismissed for the wrong info. But she said she would still fight it and ask that the judge show leniency, worst case, you'd have to pay the fine and not get points. Best case the judge would just let you go.

That charge carries two points if you are found guilty.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: walight01

ok Mike.

I asked my wife and she said more than likely you will not get the tic dismissed for the wrong info. But she said she would still fight it and ask that the judge show leniency, worst case, you'd have to pay the fine and not get points. Best case the judge would just let you go.

That charge carries two points if you are found guilty.
So true but that’s not the defense he should be using. His defense is that if the LEO can not even get the simple information like the bikes description right how can he get the more technical information like rate of speed, ect right.

That will be LEO’s down fall in this case. It is all how you present it to the judge.

I am not sure about PA law but in Cali you can opt for traffic school and pay a fine to keep cretin infractions off your record, if this is an option there I would recommend doing it to keep it off your record. It is always a risk to go in front of the judge and you can never fully know the outcome.

Old 08-21-2006, 03:18 AM

Well guys and gals i came to a conclusion. I sent in the $76, I would loose more than that to take a day off of work to fight the damn thing. Im 90% heeled up and just want all of this **** behind me. Leo got his money so now he can take his wife out for dinner, on me.

[sm=closed.gif]

Old 08-21-2006, 03:32 AM
1st Gear Member

uhh you do realize that the LEO's don't get that money right? Usually the courts get the money depending on the state and district. We don't get diddly CRAP. Which is why I hate writing hard copies....and write warnings instead...yeah I get in trouble but if they want to write me up I'll sue the crap out of them for requiring a quota. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 08-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Closed, good deal GR did you ever find out if it would deduct any points or not.

Quick Reply: ticket question