Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Thinking about racing a Prius ? Think again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Default Thinking about racing a Prius ? Think again!

http://priuschat.com/Hybrid-Racing-stories-t16201.html

This is just hilarious... and yes, there is 13 pages of it...

"Hey all,
not how many of you have done this, but i have found it interesting and amusing at times how many people you can get to race you in your eco car prius, i know i know it isnt what its ment to do but come on, the car has an insane amount of torque of the line and i just wanted to see what if any has any one else raced and what were the results of that.
me personaly here is my best recolection
crotch rocket(i think it was a kawasaki.. but my recolection on what kind of jap sport bike it was is not so good ) vs prius
prius kept up with the bike through the first gear (did this one over in freemont CA heading twords the dumbarton bridge)
are ya sure they're actually racing? late model sportbikes will get to 60 in first and, even with an average rider, do it in 4 seconds.
lol to the person that was refering to the sport bikes if you look at my poast i said sompthing along the lines of, i kept up with a sport bike through first gear(which for any sport vehicle isnt verry long probably 4 seconds or so) but i did manage to keep up with him till he shifted, and at the next stop light i did get props. great stories guys and what a way to break the steriotype!!
Prius drivers arent so slow after all."

And it just goes on and on...

So... watch out.. You just might get your *** handed to you racing a Prius off the line... [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 06-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Thinking about racing a Prius ? Think again!

Interesting........I can't believe they're talking about a prius like its an old muscle car at a drag strip! Oh boy, what on earth is the world coming to?!?!?!?!

But then again I had an old Dodge Omni doing 180 km/h......................downhill!!! There I feel better now!

Old 06-14-2006, 08:30 PM

That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard.. a Prius outrunning a Viper? Idiots.. it doesn't count as a win if the other person is DRIVING NORMALLY.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:38 PM

Heh, yeah... the best part was the different measurements they were using to judge their times... like..

"I do know that in a 0-6-mph drag, my Prius will slam your Ferrari Enzo back onto the porch."

Yes folks... 0-6mph... not 60...

Old 06-14-2006, 11:04 PM

Pretty sure that was just a typo. The '0' is right next to the '-'... though if it was a typo, I like how everyone jumped on it as gospel.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Wannabe250
Pretty sure that was just a typo. The '0' is right next to the '-'... though if it was a typo, I like how everyone jumped on it as gospel.
If you read on, he clearly states it wasn't a typo... basically going on about how because it's a hybrid/electric, it's got a lot more torque from a standstill, which is true... It will outrun most gas-powered cars for the first couple of feet, until the gas engine can start to breathe... It is hilarious though... I still can't stop laughing.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:25 AM

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 06-15-2006, 12:32 AM

Well then I will certainly have to lookout for them when racing in stop and go traffic.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:49 AM

they make honda **** look good o WOW

Old 06-15-2006, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

LMAO!!! That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!! lol lol

Quick Reply: Thinking about racing a Prius ? Think again!