Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

there are 2 types of riders...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: there are 2 types of riders...

ORIGINAL: walight01

Hey, since G/R is going to come take care of you, some of the rest of us will go kick that dudes *** for ya. Get well soon.
sounds like a plan bro....

Old 05-02-2006, 02:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Get well soon girl that really sux!!! sorry to hear about the wreck

Old 05-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

How are you feeling today Lil D? Better, I hope.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:19 PM

Hey everyone. Thanks alot for your support. I'm holding up. I would have taken pictures for you all, but I didn't think my legs looked to sexy. I mean my knee was 3x it's size, but now it's just turning black and blue and green... eeeh and the cuts (yuck). but also, the hairy leg thing..lol not too smooth looking.
But I will have pics of my bike up soon and I'm going to be taking pictures of the scene, so you can get an idea of what caused it. I showed my dad and he's like, no wonder why, your fighting gravity and gravel. (it was kinda down hill)
But like I said nothing broken, but still really painful. But I'm a trooper, just have ants in my pants to get back on my bike.
Thanks again KF family!
Luv Ya!!!

Old 05-02-2006, 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: littledevil
Hey everyone. Thanks alot for your support. I'm holding up. I would have taken pictures for you all, but I didn't think my legs looked to sexy. I mean my knee was 3x it's size, but now it's just turning black and blue and green... eeeh and the cuts (yuck). but also, the hairy leg thing..lol not too smooth looking.
But I will have pics of my bike up soon and I'm going to be taking pictures of the scene, so you can get an idea of what caused it. I showed my dad and he's like, no wonder why, your fighting gravity and gravel. (it was kinda down hill)
But like I said nothing broken, but still really painful. But I'm a trooper, just have ants in my pants to get back on my bike.
Thanks again KF family!
Luv Ya!!!
Really good to see you've still got your spirits up! Just curious... What were you wearing when you fell?

Jeans, leathers, shorts? I'm guessing not shorts if you didn't want to show any leg...

Get well soon Lil' D...

Old 05-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Glad that things aren't too bad Lil D! Sounds like you got some nice colors going on! Have a speedy recovery - keep the spirits up!

Old 05-02-2006, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Gerg

Thanks again KF family!
Luv Ya!!!
Really good to see you've still got your spirits up! Just curious... What were you wearing when you fell?

Jeans, leathers, shorts? I'm guessing not shorts if you didn't want to show any leg...

Get well soon Lil' D...
I must admit, I was not fully geared. I do not own any leather pants, so I was just wearing jeans, sneakers, and a hoody. But had my helmet on and gloves. I'm lucky I didn't hit my head at all or any part of my upper body. No road rash on my arms, just hurt hips down. lol. But I am investing in knee guards to wear under my jeans for next time. Imagine I wore my riding jacket. They would have cut it off of me, they cut all my clothes off of me by the time I was in the ambulance. No joke I was basically wearing daisy dukes by the time I was in the ER and basically only my bra. That must have looked hot..lol

Old 05-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

I wonder how a pair of textile pants would've held up (kind of curious cause that is what I have). I'll admit, I don't wear them all the time though.

That would have sucked if they had cut up your jacket though. But then again, jackets can be replaced.

Geez, I'm glad to see your sense of humor is still intact!! Did you get to keep your 'new daisy dukes'? Just run em through the wash a few times and you'll have perfect shorts for the summer!

Old 05-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Did you get to keep your 'new daisy dukes'? Just run em through the wash a few times and you'll have perfect shorts for the summer!
ya they would be.... but lets hope you don't go riding in them..... lol lol lol oh we want some pics of you in the daisy dukes.... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol

Old 05-02-2006, 11:15 PM

I must admit, I was not fully geared. I do not own any leather pants, so I was just wearing jeans, sneakers, and a hoody. But had my helmet on and gloves. I'm lucky I didn't hit my head at all or any part of my upper body. No road rash on my arms, just hurt hips down. lol. But I am investing in knee guards to wear under my jeans for next time. Imagine I wore my riding jacket. They would have cut it off of me, they cut all my clothes off of me by the time I was in the ambulance. No joke I was basically wearing daisy dukes by the time I was in the ER and basically only my bra. That must have looked hot..lol
I'm sure you could pull it off as hot... Especially w/your attitude!

Damn glad you were so lucky and managed to make it out relatively OK, and your bike as well... Did the Dr. give you any guess for recovery time?

I've got some textile pants now as well, and they've got some cheezy kneeguards, but I really question whether they'd do anything in a crash, especially on a downhill with gravel. Been thinking about getting some street leathers... I think I'm a bit more motivated after your story...

Quick Reply: there are 2 types of riders...