Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Thanks everyone

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 04:58 AM
Default RE: Thanks everyone

ORIGINAL: Remo

Why is he kicking you out of the garage? What an A$$, anyway your way better off without him. Too much fish in the sea. Is there a buddy that can let you keep it in their garage till you find one for yourself?

Anyway, hows the bike run? What was the problem that the mechanic found.
No luck yet. I've tried everything. [&o]

Old 07-18-2005, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Violet_Vixen

Got the bike back Friday afternoon, but not before the ex delivers a crippling blow. He's kicking me out of the garage. The bike has no home. I'm stuck after Friday the 22nd, UGH!

The apts have NO more garages available.
Wow I obviously didn't read the start date on this thread. Glad you did end up getting the bike fixed. It’s the best form of therapy I know of. Not that you need it of course.

Probably wishful thinking but if your on the ground level of the apt just park her inside. I used to when I was in the military living off base in Tenn.

If not check out this lock http://www.bikebrace.com/ it can be bolted down to the concrete with anchors. That and an alarm and your doing pretty good. Also wouldn't hurt to have some fire power, ex 12 gauge so you can safely respond to the alarm if it goes off in the middle of the night. Just check your local laws about killing or maiming of would be thieves.

Last note get your stuff away from ex he shoudn't have access to it and you don't need the ties to him. He will use it in the end to hurt you more. JMO.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:52 PM

Yeah I'm upstairs, and the apts won't let us use those locks. We've had bikes stolen from THIS exact parking lot before. I made an offer on a house yesterday, so I'm hoping I can convince him to work out a deal for the next 27 days. I'm not counting on it though.

As for the stuff, I've made four attempts to get all my things. He picks the date, I show up, and there's always something not ready or that he can't find, etc. It looks like I may be forced to take out a restraining order against him; then I can turn a list of my remaining property into the magistrate and the PD will get my stuff back.

Sad that it's gotten to that point.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:53 PM

Oh yeah, and as for the bike's condition, it was spark plugs again. The long term diagnosis is: My main jet is too large and needs to be adjusted. But that's a $400 re-jet and dyno-tune, so I'm gonna wait a few months to get all that work done. I need to get into the house first.

But the lousy ex cost me $100 since he wouldn't (still won't) find my fuel pump so I could change my plugs myself.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey VV, find yourself some one who knows how to rejet the carbs. Hell, I'd do it if I was close by. And while I was there I'd have a chat with your punk ex[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Hang in there.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:43 PM

My mechanic can do the re-jet, I just don't have the funds right now. I'm trying to buy a house to get away from the ex and make sure the bike has a home since he's kicking me out of the garage. It's not a "I can't get the work done." It's a "I can't afford this crap right now!"

Old 07-18-2005, 06:16 PM

Damn, that sucks... The sooner you get away from him the better.

As far as locking up your bike... You may be able to get some sort of chain lock and wrap it around something that won't move, like a post from a car-port or something. If that doesn't work you might be able to get a little storage shed until you get your house. It'll make it that much harder to get to/from your bike, but at least no-one will steal it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on the house...

BTW... How did your photo-shoot go?

Old 07-18-2005, 06:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I understand. But what I meant was a person other than someone charging you to rejet. Like a mod party You supply the beer kinda thing.

Good luck on the house

And like Gerg said. Chain it to something solid.

Old 07-18-2005, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Gerg

Damn, that sucks... The sooner you get away from him the better.

As far as locking up your bike... You may be able to get some sort of chain lock and wrap it around something that won't move, like a post from a car-port or something. If that doesn't work you might be able to get a little storage shed until you get your house. It'll make it that much harder to get to/from your bike, but at least no-one will steal it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on the house...

BTW... How did your photo-shoot go?
Well it's all bad news in response to you. First, I can't do much at the apt. Nothing to chain the bike to here, nowhere to keep it, I'm on the 2nd floor. If the ex truly does kick me out on Friday, I may as well just hand my keys to someone. It's as good as stolen. It's happened in our parking lot already.

I'm hoping the house goes well too. It's about $50/month higher than I wanted to pay, but nicer too. I've got to get a car sold by November or I'm not gonna be able to afford anything. (Have to buy a refrigerator and washer/dryer immediately. Well the W/D can wait a bit, but I need a fridge). And then there's the cost of the things I need my contractor to do. I do have some savings, but I've got to get rid of the bike payment so I can afford the payment on my new appliances, LOL.

I've already been looking for a new/and Second Job for the last six months. So far, no dice. Still looking.

As for the photo shoot, I don't have a photographer anymore. My ex was supposed to take the pics and backed out, big surprise. So no pics, no calendar for me. (EDITED)

Old 07-19-2005, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Violet_Vixen

Oh yeah, and as for the bike's condition, it was spark plugs again. The long term diagnosis is: My main jet is too large and needs to be adjusted. But that's a $400 re-jet and dyno-tune, so I'm gonna wait a few months to get all that work done. I need to get into the house first.

But the lousy ex cost me $100 since he wouldn't (still won't) find my fuel pump so I could change my plugs myself.
Sounds like you were rich and the plugs are fouling.
Jetting can be a little tricky but if you can read and turn a wrench its not to bad. The first one I did from start to ridding away took 4 hrs including carb cleaning. Check this place for the jet kit http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/

You can even call and talk to Ivan direct, he is very helpful. A jet kit cost around 130.00 give or take 20.00.

Here is a picture of my best mechanic helping me, he is my 11 yr old son. Last time we did one together it took 1 hr. He rocks.

Also if you go to dynojet you get a free dyno run from one of there sponsoring dealers and then you can see the air fuel mixture and know if your rich or not.. You can check there site for locations. But I would recommend Ivan.

Good luck.

[IMG]local://upfiles/346/BDA49080E15548059D9F1BA0F5924024.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/346/CCD16DAF88E647D894343458A763F87C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Thanks everyone