Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Taking back the streets.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Taking back the streets.

I think this guy did what was right. How do you feel?

http://www.wftv.com/news/18419272/detail.html

Old 01-07-2009, 01:19 PM
1st Gear Member

read about it yesterday - and hell yeah he was justified in taking out that scumbag.

but WTF is up with the news doing a background check on the one that saved the cashier and not one on the f-in criminal?

media is SOOO anti-gun, they don't even want people that save innocent lives from criminals to have them.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah the media is retarded, but I got this dudes back and so does meeting force with force law in FL. I just read about that,, pretty cool law.. I say they bystander will be protected by the two laws.. And he did what was right in my book!!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kohburn
read about it yesterday - and hell yeah he was justified in taking out that scumbag.

but WTF is up with the news doing a background check on the one that saved the cashier and not one on the f-in criminal?

media is SOOO anti-gun, they don't even want people that save innocent lives from criminals to have them.
Pay more attention to detail. They did do a background check on the perp. They said he had a rap sheet going back to 1987 with numerous charges of things like battery and assault and such.

I agree with what he did and hope that more of the evidence shows up to prove that it all happened the way he said it did. I think I would have done the same in his shoes.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I would have done the same thing. I think most ppl in the right mind would have tried to stop it if they had a gun. Thats why im a fellow carrier of a gun . WOOOHOOO

Old 01-07-2009, 06:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I would have doen the same thing too. I'm sure the camera in the store caught the whole act on tape he'll get off because of the law down there. I use to live there and carried my gun with me every where too.
Never can be to safe when your meeting some crazy people in bad areas in miami

Old 01-07-2009, 06:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sombo
Pay more attention to detail. They did do a background check on the perp. They said he had a rap sheet going back to 1987 with numerous charges of things like battery and assault and such.

I agree with what he did and hope that more of the evidence shows up to prove that it all happened the way he said it did. I think I would have done the same in his shoes.
the artical has been updated a few times, one of the updates included that data after their lopsided reporting was pointed out by a posted comment.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Actually - the "hero" did have a record:

"Police said they're still investigating whether Chris will face any charges by coming to the rescue with a gun. Eyewitness News learned he has been convicted of misdemeanor marijuana possession in 2005 and was re-arrested in 2007 for a probation violation.

"I don't do that no more," Chris told Eyewitness News. "You learn your lesson."

Which means he probably was in possession of the gun illegally, so they will nail him on that instead.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

First, didn't know it had been updated since that first post I quoted. My apologies if that info was added after your statement. Second, they did say he had his gun permit and showed it to police. Also if he had been in possession of it illegally he would not have had it for the tv interview. Rather, he and it would be in police custody. Yes, he did marijuana and broke parole by doing it again. However that's no where near the same as the robber who had multiple charges against him dating back to 1987. Just because someone used marijuana does not make them a bad person, nor does it make them a big danger to people around them. As they said, the law does not clearly prevent someone from getting a gun permit for charges of marijuana possession.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm in agreement with everyone. Don't own a gun or do I plan on getting one. Yeah, he was in the right, what would of happen if he didn't stop him or if the perp would do worse another time. POP that Sucka!

I would hope someone would help me if I was getting robbed and beaten.

Quick Reply: Taking back the streets.