Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Sportbike ban????

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Default Sportbike ban????

http://home.ama-cycle.org/membersonl..._dl.asp?id=815
I'm a member of AMA and the December issue just came today.They tried to do this 20 years ago.The rights of the many are decided by the dumd actions of a few.Could this be reality??????Maybe it's time to start thinking about it.I don't know about you guys but I love what I ride.I might go out and get crazy but I'm not out to hurt any one.And I'm sure as hell not going ride anything else cuz they say so!!!!![/align]

Old 11-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Sportbike ban????

I guess I'm safe for a while riding my KLX 250 huh? That's too bad.[&:]

Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

The old saying, "The numbers dont lie" is totally false. You can twist numbers to say anything you want, which is why statistics are so popular. They just compile as many numbers as they have to, to get the desired result, i.e. skateboards off the sidewalk. They want to cut down on rebellious behaviour and speeding. If they really wanted to help cut down on the number of deaths they should take a look at the teen pregnancy debate. They dont go around sterilizing teenagers until they get older, they educate the kids and the parents and hand out condoms. If the government made the MSF course free and required, and actually talked to kids and parents about the difference in performance and skill required before their "friends" with busa's or the local dealer fill their heads with "dont buy that or you will look like a p*ssy" then they would actually see a decline in death rates.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Well stated Prom

Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM
1st Gear Member

second'd

Old 11-14-2007, 11:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't you love it when special interests team up with Government to protect us from ourselves?
Oops, I'll shut up ........ this post could go political fast!

Old 11-14-2007, 12:32 PM
1st Gear Member

That is complete BS!!!
I agree with prom the MSF should be free! (or at least at a very low cost ) here in Florida they will make it mandatory beginning next June, but that will just give those who offer the course an opportunity to charge more for a requirement, which will really create a lot of people who will ride without a license.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:52 PM
1st Gear Member

read the article - what a joke, it looks like the iihs is just trying to get rid of motorcycles out of spite... it makes no sense.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:18 PM
1st Gear Member

That is one of the most hysterical and disturbing articles I have read about bikes in a loooooooong time.

What I find interesting though is that if this IIHS organization is comprised of 80 motor vehicle insurers, and they hate my class of bike so much, and it apparently has nothing to do with the rider' age - why is my insurance so cheap? Doesn't make any sense.

Remember to get an AMA membership everyone, every penny they get to help fight lunacy like this will only make our lives that much better.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

That article is almost more stupid than the DEI thread....

Quick Reply: Sportbike ban????