Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Some IPod Help Mounting.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Some IPod Help Mounting.

i was thinking carlsbad ca. san diego. damm it i owe you some beer.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

That would be nice..... Not a whole lot longer, we are going to saddle that way... The wife has been in every state except Cali.... So she's dying to see it. About 12 hrs driving from here, so it won't be that bad. We are thinking around september or so. Don't know for sho yet....

Do you have clams there?? lol

Old 07-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ones with long legs, short ones ohh wait were talking bout big burgers here not happy clams. lemme know when your heading down to tha west syde

Old 07-15-2006, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

damb sorry i could help out bro......

Old 07-15-2006, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

damb sorry i could help out bro......
You might have to man..... I did not like the speakers that I had originally purchased, so I bought some new ones. They were to bulky looking, and still not quite loud enough. The new speakers are louder, but they do not have the sound quality. [:@] .... I might just have to go with the bluetooth and the ear bud.

I still want to mount speakers on the bike tho'.... Now I am thinking, regular car speakers, like a 4" x 6". Marine speakers. Anyway, I have enough room there to mount a couple. Now if I can figure out how to hook the Ipod into the speakers, voila. Maybe a small car amp hidden somwhere?? On my old zx10, I have a storage pocket under my left bar, that a CD player would tuck into and be all flush. But I wanted to be slick and have the Ipod hooked up somehow. That would make it nice. Do you know of any speakers that I can fluh mount, etc, that would crank loud? I bet I spent $400 in the last 3 days on self powered speakers. I want some self powered speakers that look cool, that I can plug the Ipod into, but I want them to Crank!! Somebody has to make something....

I found some on Ebay for $180, they are 40 watts, that's good, but they are huge!!! lol

Old 07-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

why not a alpine unit with the ipod cord and a remote and tuck it all away and put you some regular old speakers up front. dammmmm why do you have to live so far. id go all dmx on your bike and hook that thing up. minus the dmx crappy install and wack assed tv screens.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

lol lol.... To be honest, That would be kick a$$, I just do not want to do that much dang work!! lol

Old 07-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

well believe this or not.... but i've seen a few guys here that have hooked up a car radio and some 4" speaker to there bikes..... they would have the deck velcro to the gass tank and the speakers would be under the gauges..... looks damb but it works..... lol lol lol

Old 07-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

well believe this or not.... but i've seen a few guys here that have hooked up a car radio and some 4" speaker to there bikes..... they would have the deck velcro to the gass tank and the speakers would be under the gauges..... looks damb but it works..... lol lol lol
oh, hell no!!! lol

All right, I think I am going to just put a dang CD Player in, and flush mount in a couple of 4" x 6" Orion marine speakers. There is plenty of room up front to do it, I just didn't want to have to do it!! lol.... Maybe Sunday...

Old 07-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

hey bro, give me a call if you need help..... you still have my number, right? you used it last night...... lol lol lol

Quick Reply: Some IPod Help Mounting.