Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Smokers!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Smokers!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: shon

I quit about a week ago .....LOL (pat myself on the back) Toughest thing I have ever done. But yes, I can now smell the smoke on other people and it does make me sick. Believe me I'm not against anyone who smokes (I did so myself for 20 yrs....F**K I'M OLD!!!!) but I agree with Sro, my Dad had a heart attack also and when I call him I can hear that sound and it makes me really mad at him.
Way to go shon!

Old 01-19-2007, 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

No sweat leena I to am quick to reply sometimes as well.

I do feel for you though about the health care thing. I have paid my own way for 15 years and now am lucky to have my wifes insurance.

The American cancer society just put a $ amount to the patientswho are sick with cancer. They say that the patient is loosing 8.50 per hour to treat there illness. I thought damn the patient is only worth 8.50 per hour then why does it cost them 200-500 per hour for that treatment. [:'(]

Good news is that they same people reported less cancer related deaths this year then last, the first time ever.

Omigawd... EXACTLY. I have the reciepts for all my hospital bills, and I'm charged crap like $14 for rubbing alcohol on a wound when that crap costs .50 at virtually any grocery or superstore. Less cancer the better. My uncle was a 'health nut', an ex-marine, ate only organic, worked out obsessively, but melted away to next-no-nothing, then succumbed to bone cancer. It had a strange effect on my family; some became health nuts, but I figured 'Something's gonna get you anyway, and this is the irony of ironies.' It's partially why I have the live-hard mindset I do. In a way, I hope this doesn't sound weird... it's a bit comforting to know I'm not the only 'impulsive responder' here.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: 056r

leena i thnk if you would re-read the last paragraph in srobaks last statemaent you would see that he was not targetting smokers for littering but all litterbugs. i believe you owe him an apology for your fine print statement you made
I did apologize babe. I'm brash, and hyper-sensitive at times. I was being a goon, and I know it. :/

Old 01-19-2007, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

Hell I dint relize how much controversy this topic was gonna bring up i just wanted to bitch about them throwing the butts out the windows and hittin us bikers. Just be considerate of ohters is all i ask
Well said Ninja. I jump-started the controversy (and for that I apologize) not you. I totally understand. I wouldn't want to be riding down the pavement and have a red-hot cherry land on me.
And for all of you who've managed to quit, congratulations. I know it's not easy (my mother has 'quit' 8 times now), and I plan on quitting by the time I'm 25. For now I'm just letting myself do the 'young/stupid' thing. Heh.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:59 AM
WAX

I would smoke if I could afford it...but for some insane reason I have spent over $10,000 on my bike habit last year...I hope 2007 is better. I wonder if that is unhealthy.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:09 AM
1st Gear Member

I would smoke if I could afford it...but for some insane reason I have spent over $10,000 on my bike habit last year...I hope 2007 is better. I wonder if that is unhealthy.
Only if you wreck is it unhealthy[]

Old 01-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, yup a $300-400 tire bill a day weekend will make a person quit smoking!

edit: Either that or the priorities are not straight.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WAX

ha ha ha ha..... I know what cha mean. My last 3 blow up dolls have popped from the hot ashes. Gets expensive! lol

Dang evil. How do you end up with these wrong parts? BTW, love the avatar!

Old 01-20-2007, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

ha ha ha ha..... I know what cha mean. My last 3 blow up dolls have popped from the hot ashes. Gets expensive! lol
cant.. stop laughing... you made my day

Old 01-21-2007, 08:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Smoke em if you got em.... j/k