Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Sick Turtle???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Default Sick Turtle???

Anyone know anything about turtles? I have a 9 year old (approximately) Japanese Wood Turtle that has been pooping excessively for about 3-4 days. He has never done this before (to this extreme) and nothing in his diet has changed. We feed him veggies and fruit, which has been given to him the entire time we have owned him and he was fed the same in the pet store when we first got him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glad to be back on the forum again, now I have BRONCHITIS!!! I hate Indiana weather. Tonight, we are heading for the dreaded snow/ice storm. Predictions of between 4-12 inches of snow by morning. I hate Indiana weather!!!

Thanks guys

Old 01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Sick Turtle???

take care of your lungs!!!

whats is the expected lifespan of that type of turtle? might have been a bad batch of fruit or veggies. due to the dought in florida and someother areas the plants are being imported from hispanic america where the soil is contaminated in a lot of areas from a lack of a yearly frost.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

glad your back toadas far as the turtle a fish store should have some antibiotics for him.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:03 PM

I think h should stick around for about 50 years, but I can't really remember. He's jsut been a staple of the housesince my oldest son was in 2nd grade, he's a junior now. I feel bad cause I don't wanna come home from work and find somethng awful. I ate one of the apples and some of the lettuce myself and i felt fine. Very weird. Saya prayer for my little turtle Victtor (Yep, there are 2 t's in his name, my son named him, we jsut go with it).

Old 01-31-2008, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

glad your back toadas far as the turtle a fish store should have some antibiotics for him.
Should I just get something cause I called a vet and they want $17 to analyze apoop sample and prob. another fee for an exam. He's NEVER been seen by a vet since we have owned him. I think he got medical carefrom the original owner and the pet store, but he's always been fine. He's not acting strange, just poopin' a lot.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kohburn

take care of your lungs!!!

whats is the expected lifespan of that type of turtle? might have been a bad batch of fruit or veggies. due to the dought in florida and someother areas the plants are being imported from hispanic america where the soil is contaminated in a lot of areas from a lack of a yearly frost.
this is not exactly true, it is common practice in latin america to start a fire in the field where the crops had just been picked to eliminate pest, and other harmful contaminants. that being said, i believe that you are correct with the possibility of rotten or a possible harmful pesticide in the food. any slight poisoning and the body will begin to push everythign out as fast as it can. good luck with the turtle, nice to hear from you again toad

Old 01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: toad1025

I think h should stick around for about 50 years, but I can't really remember. He's jsut been a staple of the housesince my oldest son was in 2nd grade, he's a junior now. I feel bad cause I don't wanna come home from work and find somethng awful. I ate one of the apples and some of the lettuce myself and i felt fine. Very weird. Saya prayer for my little turtle Victtor (Yep, there are 2 t's in his name, my son named him, we jsut go with it).
it is like beer and body weight, a small amount of anyhting harmful will affect him more

Old 01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member

glad to have ya back toad

Old 01-31-2008, 06:13 PM

Thanks Talca. I hope he is jsut getting rid of the yukkies and he's ok.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member

some anti-biotics wouldn't hurt the little fella - but may not be necessary either. food and vitemins should be enough.

Quick Reply: Sick Turtle???