Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

should have gone home after work

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:56 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member
Default should have gone home after work

well i left work early today to meet up with some friends for an after noon ride. we decided to go ride around lake berryessa. it has sone nice twisty roads. i didnt think traffic was going to be bad. it was pretty clear on the ride there but one the ride home home there was truck trailering boats everyplace. as luck would have it i was coming around a blind turnl and what do i see a truck in my lane towing a boat. i hit my breaks stand the bike up and aim for the shoulder so i dont hit the truck. little did i know the shoulder is covered in dirt. my front end locks up the bike goes off the road into soft dirt down an steep soft dirt hill into a dried out rock filled river bed. it all happened so fast. i remember the front locking then going down. on my right side. as i saw something in the corner of my eye. i grabed it. it turned out to be a sapling. grabing onto it i let the bike slide down the inbankment into the rocks. i was just hanging on the side of the hill. imglad that sapling was as srong as it was. so i pull my self back up the hill the friend that was behind me stoped when he saw me get on the breaks. he was able to stop with out going down. he ran over to make sure i was ok. i stood up moved my arms then looked at my legs. yup all still there. dusted off my pants told him i was fine. the only thing i hurt was my hip. if felt like i had a charlie horse there. if you dont know what that is its kind of like a deep bruise. so he asks where is the bike we turn around and see the buke sitting up right facing the other direction. still cant figure out how it got turned around. the bike is sitting on some rocks. we climb down the inbankment its like 12-15 feet down. we get there and start to look over the to see the damage. to my luck there was muck damage. the frame didnt even get scratched. the same goes for the exhaust. we lift the bike off the huge rock its leaned agenst and check other side. same thing aside from rashed side fairings its ok. we look at the front. the upper fairing is busted the starbracket is broken on the left side the left mirror is gone the grip that covers the clipon is pushed back. we turn the key the lights come on. we hit the start button it fires right up. we turn it off climb back up the hill my friend says to stay there whlie he goes a head to get our other 2 friends we were riding with. about 15 min later the 3 of then show up. the check me out to make sure im ok. we all climb back down pull/push the bike back up the hill. we get it back on the road check it over better to see if its rideable. after looking it over we decide it is. so i hope back on we head home. man i should have just gone home after work. at least im lucky i didnt get hurt. i dont know what would have happened if i didnt grab the sapling to keep my self from falling with the bike into the rock bed. well let me see if the phone will let me post some pics.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member
Default RE: should have gone home after work

guess it wont let me attach the pics from my phone.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:49 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

ill post some pictures tomorrow when i get to work.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad you are ok and didn't get hurt.. Did the truck stop and help or make sure you were ok?

Old 09-03-2007, 02:06 AM

Sounds like a rough way to end the day. Glad you and the bike are both relatively o.k. and lucky you had some decentfriends to help you out and at least the thing was still running well enough to get home. A lot more decent than the SUV drivers on the highway who look to play chicken with me swerving their SUVs and F-250s into my lane as I'm riding along on my little Ninja 500R. I get cops doing it too, swerving their oncoming cars into my lane as I'm cruising down the highway. F___ingunbelievable A__H___LESor GENUINELY RETARDED. Anyway,glad to hear you'reo.k. and hope you can get the bike fixed up without breaking the bank too much.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

wow, good to hear that you are ok and that the ride is not trashed. Looks like that overtime whoring will come in handy.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member

At least you and the bike are in decent shape, sorry to hear abou this chit man[&:]

Old 09-03-2007, 03:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad your OK, sounds like you had a wild ride. You should start drinking when you wake up tomorrow, some things just shouldn't be dealt with sober.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:59 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

make hoedog fix it glad to hear your ok man.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:31 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

here are some of the pictures
Name:  DSC03565.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  106.1 KB

Name:  DSC03571.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  141.2 KB

Name:  rockbed.jpg