Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Shot in the dark.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Shot in the dark.

Man I almost screwed up last night. I woke up about 1:00 am hearing a noise out back. Living in the country, it kind of freaked me out because it is normally very quiet. I got up and peeked out the window, and there were three guys that had broken into my shed and stealing tools, lawnmower, and basically anything that was worth anything. My first thought was to just grab my gun and shoot them in the kneecaps, but then I thought that I would probably be the one to end up in jail.
So I simply called the cops. They promptly told me that it would be a good while before they could respond, because no cruisers were available, so I hung up. After thinking about this for a minute or two, I called them back and told them that this is the guy that just called about the thieves breaking into my shed, and that I just shot them all.
There were three cruisers there in 10 minutes, and I think there was a helicopter flying around just in case they needed it.
They caught the thieves red handed, but after they had them in custody, the officer that was doing the report said sir, I thought you said you shot these guys, and I said, I thought you said that no one was available.
I don't think he appreciated my actions or my comment, but what could he do? He did say that I should try to give dispatch the true story if this ever happens again.
Now I am finding out that one of the guys breaking into my shed, was the Judges son. I am really glad I didn't shoot them now!

Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Shoulda shot them anyway. Even if it was the judge's son - he would have to recuse himself from the case, and you could even easily get a change of venue to a distant county should the kid be stupid enough to take it to trial.

Honestly - good call on the saying you shot them for the 2nd call. I woulda done it. Only difference is that when the cop asked about shooting them, instead of being a smartass (because as they have you on tape, they might look into filing a false report charges), say something like "No... I said I shot *AT* them".

Glad they got caught. Fry the frackers!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

That's pretty screwed up. I'm blessed enough to know cops that take, "To serve and protect," seriously.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:10 PM
1st Gear Member

That's a repost dude, I read it on here a couple of years ago.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member

I am not sure I believe that. But I am sure that I am not the first person to use that method. It works!

Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 PM
1st Gear Member

not sure I believe yours happened because i've read that before

Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 PM
1st Gear Member

lol plus worlock is a story poster.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, it is just a story! I was just trying to get this place jumpin again. It has been pretty slow around here! I thought the forum was really active in the winter months, but it seems like it has been slow lately.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

I get you posting stories.. That's what you are known for. But don't be the douche-nozzle that reads the e-mail or post and then tries to convince everybody that it really happened to you. I get the humor in it, and it's funny. But presentation is everything.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes sir! I guess I have been told.

Quick Reply: Shot in the dark.