Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Shooting in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Shooting in Canada

Zwild - I figured you did live in the states, but I wanted to be sure before I commented. I used to live in Michigan and Indiana - both with generous CCW laws with reciprocity with most states. I was also a sheriff's deputy in Indiana for about 5 years. I am very much pro-carry, so long as it is done right, and yes - the states and cities with the highest gun and violent crime rates are the ones with the most restrictive laws. If you outlaw firearms, then only outlaws have firearms. What are dis-armed citizens? Easy prey.

Sad but true - an armed community is a polite community. Michigan went to a "shall issue" state 6 years ago. In 6 months over 35,000 permits were issued and gun and violent crime plummeted 35% in the first year, including Detroit.

The reason why I asked what country you lived in was because of your wording, as even in the most lenient states there are several places that you cannot carry, not to mention only certain states that share reciprocity for permits.

See some of the other threads for my small collection... Taurus PT92 Stainless, Kimber Ultra Carry, Bushmaster AR-10 matched, tricked and floated, Remington 700, Smith & Wesson 3000 Tactical

Old 09-14-2006, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I should of worded it better in my first post.. I know I cant carry in state barks, gov buildings and a few other places.. But it sure beats going without.. IL. would be better off with out Chicago making all of the rules... I did see your ar.. Looked nice.. Here is a pic of my latest rifle..

Here is a pic of a few of my other toys..

Hope you enjoy.. Safe riding.. Chris

Old 09-15-2006, 12:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Hrm... isn't that one on top the same thing Pacino used in the bank shootout in HEAT?

Old 09-15-2006, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Not sure about that.. Its a Springfield Armory Socom 2.. Basicaly its a M1a with a 16" barrel and a quad rail on the front.. I have since added an Aimpoint reddot on the front.. Safe riding.. Chris..

Old 09-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

This guy had some problems......http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/Nat...howbyline=True

In an autobiographical survey, he answers the question, "How do you want to die?" with an eerie foreshadowed response: "Like Romeo and Juliet -- or -- in a hail of gunfire."

Well he died in a hail of gunfire, apparently he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:39 AM
WAX

Nuts everywhere!!! I currently live in Texas and...yea...we have nuts everywhere!!![sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 09-16-2006, 07:16 AM

i joined the site www.vampirefreaks.com where his profile name is "fatality666" and i read all his sh*t, and what is it with goth dorks and the f*ckin movie "the crow" im mean seriously, can someone answer me? what is it about that gay *** movie.. go paint your eyelashes goth dorks. this guy was 25, lived at home, probably had the mentality of a 15 year old, he has captions holding a knife saying "taste my steel", and he has pics of himself wearing a trench coat(all black of course) saying "ready for action".. good thing he had that weak *** 9mm rifle lookin thing.. if he had something more powerful and long range like an AK for example it would have been curtains for alot more people. ah well, too bad innocent people had to die because he was angry at the world... (oh and by the way, if you go to his page after creating a profile on the site, be warned theres people watching you) >=/

Old 09-16-2006, 07:48 PM
WAX

I dated a goth chic a while ago. She would cry during sex, because she thought it was romantic. VERY VERY MUCH a turn-off (at least for me)!!! I've never dated a goth chic since...not enough drugs in the world. I'll stick it out with the puck rock chics. By the way, the crow was one of her favorite movies. I don't know...maybe they're dungeon and dragon kids gone bad.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:51 PM

lol. his page is shut down now by the admin of the site so dont bother joining to try and check it out, for anyone who read my prior post.