Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Shooting in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:30 AM
WAX
Default Shooting in Canada

Bluebird...do you have an inside scoop with the shooting at the college in Montreal? I thought Canada was more peaceful than the good[sm=usa.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif] ole USA!!!

Old 09-14-2006, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Shooting in Canada

I saw that.... One person dead. I think 20 injured. Crazy stuff..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14818183/

Old 09-14-2006, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

crazy canucks

Old 09-14-2006, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Im glad that I have the right to carry my pistol with me every where I go.. You never know when this kind of ****e is going to happen.. Safe riding.. Chris..

Old 09-14-2006, 07:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Zwild - what country do you live in where you have that right?

Old 09-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Typically, this sort of stuff doesn't happen very often - or at least it doesn't seem to. But lately, more of this crazy crap has been happening [&:]

Its odd though, this is the second (that I can remember) shooting that has taken place in a college in Quebec. The first one was a guy that felt that women should not be taking engineering, so he went into the school and shot and killed around 14 and then himself.

I can tell you though, it worries me...........this stuff is happening a little closer than I like.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:56 PM
1st Gear Member

srobak, I live in Chattanooga TN. I have a handgun carry permit and have been carrying for about 4 1/2 years now..

There are some places I cant carry but I just choose not to go there.. Right now I think I can legally carry in about 20 states that honor my permit.. I see you live by Chicago.. I was born and raised in Rockford..

IL. wouldnt be such a bad place if it wasnt for all of the libs in chicago.. If you look at all of the cities with high crime rates in the US. you will see that most of them have very strickt firearm laws..

What good are they doing people when the criminals dont care about the laws.. Only the honest suffer.. Sorry for the rant its just how I feel.. Safe riding.. Chris..

Old 09-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Zwild_m30

srobak, I live in Chattanooga TN. I have a handgun carry permit and have been carrying for about 4 1/2 years now..

There are some places I cant carry but I just choose not to go there.. Right now I think I can legally carry in about 20 states that honor my permit.. I see you live by Chicago.. I was born and raised in Rockford..

IL. wouldnt be such a bad place if it wasnt for all of the libs in chicago.. If you look at all of the cities with high crime rates in the US. you will see that most of them have very strickt firearm laws..

What good are they doing people when the criminals dont care about the laws.. Only the honest suffer.. Sorry for the rant its just how I feel.. Safe riding.. Chris..
Just wanted to say that Chattanooga is an awesome place to visit!!! I was there for a couple of days back in March while I was on vacation, very nice spot if you ask me!

Old 09-14-2006, 08:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey BB, maybe next time your in chatt town look me up.. We can go riding and I might even take you to the shooting range for some target practice.. Of course my wife would think she would have to go with us also.. Just joking about the last comment.. She rides most places with me anyhow.. Safe riding.. Chris..

Old 09-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the offer, never know I just might take you up on that!

We are going to try to get down that way every few years to visit my brother-in-law and his wife, they live in northern Alabama. Its a perfect spot cause it doesn't seem to take too long to get anywhere from there. We went to Birmingham (had to check out Barbour Motorsports Museum!!), Lynchburg (best part of the whole trip for me!), Chattanooga (my daughter wanted to see the aquarium) and a few other spots.

I know next time we want to check out Nashville, probably head over to Georgia and maybe down to Florida.

I had a blast down there, can't wait to go back again!

Quick Reply: Shooting in Canada