Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Selling the 9

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:30 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Selling the 9

Well, I would really rather not do it, but I have a deal in my lap for a Goldwing that I don't want to miss out on, and I need the $ from the 9 to close the deal.

1998 ZX-9R, 22k miles. Not a scratch on it. Never down, never wrecked, never raced, never stunted aside from a few power wheelies. Mostly easy, un-abused highway miles & it shows. Meticulously maintained & kept clean. Stock brakes, chain & sprocks - plenty of life left in each. Fresh rear rubber, plugs, all fluids. Mods include complete Muzzy Titanium exhaust system, ProJet Stage 1, K&N filter, Corbin seat, Throttlemeister cruise control, PIAA Clear White H4 headlight bulb, Zero-G smoked windscreen, Lockhart/Philips tank bra, ZX-7 Mirrors (for better visibility), rear spools.

I still have the full stock exhaust, seat and mirrors and they are included with the sale. Also included: Pitbull rearstand, matching HJC helmet (large), matching Teknic leather jacket (perforated, XL, shows wear but still very usable), factory service manual in 3-ring binder, bike cover (not weatherproof), 2x cargo nets.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the bike, ready to show to buyers, ready to ride home, or out for the day on a road-trip. No other mods - not even turn signals or fender eliminator. 38MPG city, 44+ highway.

KBB says $4500 with 41k miles... at half the miles and with all the extras (exhaust&jet alone is 1k) and how well it has been taken care of - I figure it is worth it. Will entertain serious offers however... but if you aren't serious - don't waste my time.

Any questions just ask... have plenty of pix, nothing to hide. srobak <<at>> robak <<dot>> net

Located in Chicagoland

Old 06-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Selling the 9

Are you losing it sro? A Goldwing over the 9? Late life crisis happening? Are you serious? You just floored me on that post.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:20 AM
1st Gear Member

HOLY CRAP, i cant believe you your turning into an old man

Old 06-05-2007, 05:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Even I think that's nuts!

Old 06-05-2007, 05:41 AM
1st Gear Member

F you all hehehe

I wouldn't have guessed it either - but let me tell you something... the current generation Wing is NOT your father's old Goldwing. After the testride I took the other day of an 07, I was completely speechless. Absolutely awesome machine. For all it's weight and bulk, I could manuever it like a sportbike with just two fingertips. And it rides better than my Lincoln

I will post more later - but let me say this - if you get the chance to ride an 03 or newer wing, even as a passenger - do not pass it up. It is a whole different world than previous models.

Some visual material for you to turn over in your head... think about it's new "roots". There is a reason why the new Concourse is based off the ZX14.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, as I always say, if you are comfy on that ride, do it. You were on a 7, awesome ride, then the 9, never been on that one, now the Goldwing, never been on that one either. Stay in touch

Old 06-05-2007, 06:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh, I'm not going anywhere.

Kawi sports will always be in my blood. Trust me - if I could keep the 9 and get the wing for this deal, I would. Ever since I put the new rubber on it - I have really fallen in synch with it, and it is about this --><-- close to how natural the 7 felt to me. The reason I haven't been posting lately is because I have been RIDING THE HELL out of the 9.

Remember I bought it last Oct with 13k on it. Well, I put just under 3k on last year before I hung it up. The rest has been in the last 6 weeks or so. I have been riding to work, riding home, changing clothes, and heading back out until 1 or 2am almost daily, plus 12 hour rides on weekends. Who has time for computers? If I am awake enough to type and it isn't raining - I'm riding!

One other reason that I am trying to take advantage of this Wing opportunity is because so much of what I have been riding has been highway, and a lot of it solo. Yeah, it's fun - and while the Corbin seat helps a lot as does the more relaxed position of the 9 vs the 7, it is still a sportbike, and there is only so much pounding the wrists and shoulders can take as well as being folded up at the hips and knees. Yeah, I am getting a little older... and if the wing is what I get to look forward to - then I don't mind so much

Again - wish I could keep both - and if this was 2 years from now - which was when I was planning to get a Wing - I would keep both. But this deal is good for about 2 weeks... so I gotta take advantage of it. If I can't sell it or the deal otherwise falls through, then yes, I will be keeping the 9 and get into a Wing in about 2 years.

If the Concourse was half the bike the Wing is - I would go that route... but seriously guys - you have GOT to ride one of these things for about half an hour. Beyond that... my blood always has been and always will be green - at least for sportbikes.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha +1 . any way post sum pics of your new ride bro when she comes. enjoy!!
ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

HOLY CRAP, i cant believe you your turning into an old man

Old 06-05-2007, 04:32 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Good luck with the sale of the 9. It looks super clean. I've only heard good things about the newew wings. Have you rode the concorse? I've only seen them on show room floors and never rode one. How is the power on the wing? I don't kow a lot about them but it looks like a really big motor.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:14 PM

[sm=boohoo.gif]

Quick Reply: Selling the 9