Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

SAWEET!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default SAWEET!!!

i just checked my local laws and I CAN get a license dispit my young age AND it will not cost me a bajillion dollars for a course

Young Riders
Teens 16 and 17 years old can obtain a motorcycle license by following this process:

[ol][*]Apply for a learner's permit (also known as an instructional permit) for a conventional license.[*]Attend and complete a driver education course at school.[*]Apply for a 12-month motorcycle learner's permit.[*]Study the Motorcycle Manual and the Rules of the Road.[*]Enroll in the 20-hour Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) Motorcycle Rider Course. This course is free. Find out more by calling IDOT's Motorcycle Safety Project at (800) 892-9607 or (800) 642-9589.[*]Hold your learner's permit for at least three months. During this time, you are allowed to ride the motorcycle only in daylight hours while supervised by a qualified motorcyclist.[*]Pass the motorcycle road test at any local Secretary of State driver services office. [/ol]

A new motorcycle license costs $10.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: SAWEET!!!

Sweet Rusty. Now all you need to do is have the time to ride and put some sperience behind ya.. Congrats man.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:44 PM
1st Gear Member

yay...good luck!!!

Old 04-10-2007, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

hehehe i gotta get a summer job and buy a street registerable bike first, hahaha. but my dad will let me "train" on his KLR, but that thing is kinda beastly from a weight and hieght factor, i rode it once and it was sort of spooky, but he says its almost payed off so we might get a klx soon, which would be technically for my mom, but i would be the one "commadeering" it all the time as she isnt much of a motorcyclist[sm=nxsmile.gif]

EDIT:I wont be able to get registered until next summer[:@]cause i am only 15, but oh well, I will need the time to convince my dad of my driving skills on road, even though i will be off road ninety percent of the time.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Good luck to you![8D]