Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

the race season has started

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: the race season has started

HD... Of course the Ducks are a force to be reconned with again. They have a 200cc advantage. And for what?

Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

i don't make the rules[&:]...lol but it was a good race none the less. 1098 is only 98cc's more. kawi did the same with the 636, if you can get away with it do it!!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:22 PM
1st Gear Member

got my wife to watch some motocross with me yesterday after church. good stuff. she didn't even mind.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:23 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

The bikes that are in SBK are the 1098R's. They shouldn't be called 1098's because they are really 1198cc. They made the bike and sold it just so they can use it in SBK races. I don't think the ducks have that much over every one else. The main reason I think they sweept the races is the riders. Look at the riders on the ducati's they are some top level riders.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

true there was no slouches on them. shoot kawi did'nt even place[&o]

Old 02-25-2008, 09:28 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

the kawi riders weren't even using the new 08 bikes yet.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

i wonder why hmmm
ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

the kawi riders weren't even using the new 08 bikes yet.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

stratigery?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:03 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I think its the same reason Honda only had 1 or 2 08 1000rr's out. They were just slow in getting them to the riders.

On another note has any one heard the new about Honda and Yami with moto GP? If not here it is

from MotoGPmatters.com

"It seems that Ducati's first world championship title has upset the major Japanese manufacturers a very great deal. After Honda got the FIM and MSMA to reduce the capacity to 800cc, they fully expected to be able to dominate the MotoGP class as they had after the previous change, the switch to four-stroke engines in 2002. They had not reckoned on a tiny Italian factory stealing their thunder by gambling on maximum horsepower, and humiliating the big players, and natural heirs to the MotoGP crown.

So it seems like the big players - or more specifically, Honda and Yamaha - have hit upon a quick way to neutralize the threat posed by Borgo Panigale: Autosport is reporting that Honda and Yamaha are pushing for rev limits to be introduced in MotoGP. Under the scheme, engines would have an artificial ceiling set on the maximum number of revs per minute they could spin at. More interestingly, the figure quoted is a maximum of 19,000 rpm. The fact that the Ducati is the only bike to rev above that number cannot be a coincidence: all of the other manufacturers' powerplants stop revving at around 19,000.

For both Honda and Yamaha, any such rule would be a godsend, as Honda is struggling to get its pneumatic valve engine working, and is having to make do with the limits imposed on engine speeds by using conventional steel springs, generally thought to be around the 17-18 thousand rpm mark. The other proponent is Yamaha, who have struggled in the horsepower stakes ever since the inception of the four stroke era in MotoGP, and have had to rely on outstanding handling and the riding genius of Valentino Rossi to remain competitive. With limits on engine speeds, Yamaha would at least be chasing a target which has stopped moving quite so quickly.

Understandably, Ducati oppose the move. They feel, with some justification, that they are being penalized for using the natural advantages of the desmodromic system..."

So far only 2 bikes rev over 19k The ducati's and the new Kawi's are said to rev above 19k. Seems to me they are just pissed because they are getting their rear ends handed to them by the ducks. On a side note about 2 weeks ago Moto GP had a unoffical race where the riders would compete for the fastest lap time and winner got braging rights and a new M3 or M5. Well Stoner went out did 5 laps then called it a day and took the car home. turns out 4 of the 5 laps he did would have won the car for him.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

lol dude thats weak. yami and honda are cry babies trying to get a a limit

Quick Reply: the race season has started