Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Provette

Old 01-07-2007, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Provette

I know what your thinking, what the hell is a provette. Well first word came from a probe gt and the second part came from a corvette. I'm debating on scraping the turbo idea for the probe and turn it into a beast with an ls1 and convert it from fwd to rwd. I have nothing but time and now we have a custom fab guy at the shop who said he would do all the welding and measuring for the custom kit. All I have to do is help and of course buy the materials. I looked it up and it will run me around 5g's total.... not bad thats including a roll cage now I dont feel so bad about loosing the bike right now..... I'll have somthing to do every night to keep my mind off of it.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Provette

Why not sell the Probe and save the 5g's and buy a fast car? Like maybe a older model Corvette or a Mustang Cobra and turn a fast car into a really fast car? Don't get me wrong I am not trying to be an ***. I am just curious.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

What gen probe are you doing to be doing this to? I use to have a 2nd gen probe GT. It was a really fun car. It felt a lot faster then it was. With just a cold air intake i took it to the track and got a 15 flat.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

hey are you even sure its gonna fit into that small lil engine compartment. and its ford and your fitting a chevy motor into it its gonna be a bitch man

Old 01-08-2007, 05:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Its a 96.... There is plenty of room for a v8 side to side, but I need to cut the fire wall and floor board to make room for the trans tunnel and driveline. As for buying a fast car I cant, atleast with 5gs I cant. The real reson I want to do it is a. its a probe, it looks fast but isnt, b. its paid off in a few months, and c. I have nothing better to do. I think it will be awsome to drive this thing on the streets with 405 bhp to the rear wheel instead of the front.. The only other swap I've seen in these, is a klze but its basically the same motor other than intake heads and cam profile... I want a challange and this will be one for sure. Not to mention the wow factor when passing up some exotics at a high rate of speed, on the track of course

Old 01-08-2007, 05:40 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

What gen probe are you doing to be doing this to? I use to have a 2nd gen probe GT. It was a really fun car. It felt a lot faster then it was. With just a cold air intake i took it to the track and got a 15 flat.
I have a pic in my photos

Old 01-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I had $2500 invested total in the ranger project. But nice to know that you will be playing.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:41 AM
1st Gear Member

What did ya do to the ranger again I missed that.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

There is a guy in sacramento hes really good with moding probes. The KLZE is pretty nice. The guy in sacramento's name is Dan for a little while he was going to try and custom a dsm motor and drive train into one of his probes. I know at one point i think Dan had the fastest 2nd gen probe 1/4 mile time or one of the fastest when he was running a turbo set up with N2O on it. I still kinda miss mine it was totaled out by some guy in an old 70 van t boning it in a parking lot.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:25 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lemac

What did ya do to the ranger again I missed that.
Mustang 302, headers, aluminum 2 core rad and twin electric fans, 6" K&N filter. Dual 3" three chamber Flowmasters, B&M shifter and kit on the C-4. Nothing elaborate butwas a tight fit.

Sounds like you have a nice project on your hands tho.

Search this Thread