Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Physical problem preventing me from riding long.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Physical problem preventing me from riding long.

So I dont know how many of you have physical problems that limit you from riding, but it sux! I just got an MRI on my neck from an accident that happened almost 2 yrs ago, and it turns out I have a very minor bulging disk in my neck. It limits me from lifting weights hard and also from riding for long perioids of time, and even helmet use. I hate wearing my helmet cause its so heavy (HJC). Like it weighs down on my neck so much and from all the way you have to lean forward on the bike, its just killing me. Luckily I live right across the street from campus 5 min and its fine, but i do wear it at night when im going home.

It jsut pisses me off cause my chiropractor told me to get rid of my bike and I almost punched him in the face, j/k! He was like my neck is really weak and the vibration/seat position/ helmet weight all affect my neck. Thats why I only use it for school. Like I was at the gas pump yest and this black dood with a Busa w/ extened swingarm was like so you ride alot dawg? And i was like na i really cant. he was like casue we ride to panama city a lot, which is only 1.5 hrs and its a beach setting. I was just like damn man I wish I could do it.

Anyways there is real no point to this post but just wondering if yall got any problems that affects your rides. At this point I am thinking about getting a cortisone shot in my neck. But I realize that justs maskes the pain and I might be doing some damage. So I just figure that Im going to have to get rid of my 636 when im done with school. Maybe ill keep it and just use it as a track bike, but I dont want anymore injuries, Id much rather race mustangs. So I might have to get a harley in a few yrs when I can afford it, yuck! But I would love to ride longer and be comfortable and hey you cant beat cruising the strip on ft. lauderdale beach with a hottie on the back making some serious noise

THe only other thing I could think of is buy a SOUMI helemt cause its real light, but soo expensive. Does anyone know what the lightest kind of helmet is, my HJC ways as much as my 636.

Maybe i need to switch from supersport to sport cause of seat position?

Old 03-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Physical problem preventing me from riding long.

Maybe i need to switch from supersport to sport cause of seat position?

I was thinking that [sm=exactly.gif] My knees hurt sometimes from previous accidents but I just suck it up

Old 03-19-2006, 12:36 AM

This may sound like a weird suggestion but have you tried wearing a kevlar backbrace aka turtle shell? I don't have disc probs but...2 prev fractures in my back and pinched nerves in my neck. When I wear my turtle shell I feel soooooo much better. I know my back and neck KILL me on long rides but this really helps.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

nothing like that but ive had a problem arise in the last few weeks where im in my car and i hit a on ramp corner hard and i get dizzy. no idea where that came from but im hitting up the doc in a few weeks.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

put down the bag and step away from the bong

Old 03-19-2006, 01:50 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i cant

Old 03-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ha ha ha... did someone say ganga??? lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/1248/B4DF2B867F724BFFA13C1EEE78CC4AA7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-19-2006, 01:54 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

ha ha ha... did someone say ganga??? lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/1248/B4DF2B867F724BFFA13C1EEE78CC4AA7.jpg[/IMG]

its like seeing a long lost friend

Old 03-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

and as we speak, there are tears of a silent memory rolling down your face!!! lol lol

Old 03-19-2006, 02:00 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

and as we speak, there are tears of a silent memory rolling down your face!!! lol lol

dont worry, ill keep your memory alive for you. i might forget about by the next day though.

Quick Reply: Physical problem preventing me from riding long.