Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

The official Gas price picture post.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: The official Gas price picture post.

If we could only convince the entire Country to find a way to not drive for two weeks just to show the oil producers that we are sick of it, they would probably lower the prices just because of the surplus fuel that would stack up.
We are the only ones that can do something about gas prices. The problem is that the people of the United States can't stick together on anything.
This would work if only 50% of the people just found alternate ways of getting to work. The market is based on everybody using gas like a banshee.
One thing about it, the new prices of oil products will inspire a lot of people to find innovations for fuel economy.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:37 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 worlok

i think we should have a no gas week, where veryone just chills out at home and watches tv.

orrrrr... just rebel, and set up a mass fukkyou and have the local stations just give all the stocked gas away, se how they like that[sm=devilgrin.gif]

Old 05-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Getting two people to agree on anything is a challenge, do you really think you can convince all the thousands of goods carriers and the common person to not drive to work? A lot of places don't have any alternatives as far as transportation. I've been doing my part, haven't drove the Dodge diesel in almost 3 months, but I'm not doing it out of protest, but rather necessity. Not that I'm opposed to sticking it to the oil companies.

And as far as the e-mails that are always generated during gas hikes telling us to not fill up on certain days or whatever, that will also never work, because people usually fill up before the day at hand, which actually becomes a record sales day instead of a negative effect on big oil. We need cars that run on air, lets see them try and sell us air for $5.00 a cubic foot.[8D]

Old 05-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kx slaughter king

+1 worlok

i think we should have a no gas week, where veryone just chills out at home and watches tv.

orrrrr... just rebel, and set up a mass fukkyou and have the local stations just give all the stocked gas away, se how they like that[sm=devilgrin.gif]
Actually I don't think the stations are going to give away something they just paid for. They only make 4 cents a gal anyway. But I like your TV watching idea....but I already do that.[8D]

Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member

The carriers could roll. If just the average Joe's would have a no gas week, it would hit them hard. That's all I'm saying. If everybody in the states would just buy a Kawasaki and ride it all they can, that would hit them hard.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:21 PM
1st Gear Member

the only problem with both our plans id that lower sales will just **** them off and theyll raise prices even higher til we cavd and started buying again, its a battle we cant win... theyre wells arent going anywhere. thats why we need full blown WAR!! (pardon my language..) but fukk this puszy *** ****!!! we cant just keep sending troops to the middle east to "make peace" and "rebuild their country" HELL NO! we need to go all out-***** to the wall and CONQUER the whole damn area. that or start drilling in alaska... when was the last time you looked at a nice pitcure of alaska and thought to yourself "man, thats so beautiful id much rather pay $4.15 a gallon then have this go away".... in case noone noticed ALASKS IS HALF THE SIZE OF THE CONTINENTAL USA!!! we cant fill the whole thing with drills!

and p.s. the polar bears can lick my *****. what have they done for me lately??? attempted to sell me a can of coke? ohhhh goodie.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

You have a good point Slaughter. We should have took the Iraq oil fields right after we kicked their asses. Then we could have ruled the world petroleum market or at least a big part of it.
We are just too easy man!

Old 05-28-2008, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah, whole country is filled with far to whiney liberal bitches. waaaahhhh human rights BOOHOO!!! the same people that want to pull from iraq are the same one that want to ban lethal injection because the people twitch to much as they die, and the ones that saddams death took to long, and wa to inhumane. f-that, he should of been put into an oversize microwave. and the middle east needs to be taken over, the oil market needs to be controlled and an anternative fuel needs to be not found but put into use. because once the wells run dry, combustion engines alltogether will be fukked because there will be no lubrication oil[>:]

long story short... everyone sucks and the whole planet is doomed.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

We buy about $1k in fuel for our two delivery trucks each week. I don't think we charge nearly enough, because we can barely cover the wages with that. I forsee delivery cost going up. $75 to delivery anything and install fridges, washers and dryers to a town 1 hour away isn't nearly enough. Although the $50 for in-town seems high, especially when it's something like a TV. Cost of delivery isn't weighted.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Quick Reply: The official Gas price picture post.