Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

The official Gas price picture post.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: The official Gas price picture post.

yeah baby indeed.. cuz thats what america REALLY wants!
thats what this country is about. making the rich, richer...

no pic (sorry deej) but it was 4.23 the last time i looked. theni went to another state and paid 3.99 instead.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

man, sucks to be you guys....

i saw a 3.89 sign out in salem yesterday and almost pist myself. its 3.71/3.72 avg here. the highest in town is 3.75 and lowest is 3.69[:@][:@] $75 to fill a lumina for ~300 miles f that.

i say we start a militia, one with hundreds of under ground warroior (not atcually underground[8D]) and a handfull of rich ppls that feel for the common man (life is good guys, dude that owns ebay...) and but a chit load of guns from the russian mafia ( lets say i know ppl that know other people ) and all out conquer the middle east. start with the oil sheiks, and work down to the street combat ******* and take over every oil refinery in the whole damn sandbox.. then force america into using cornoil[&:]

sounds good to me

Old 05-26-2008, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah. gas prices eats fat *****.

but i like your uprising idea. i got an AK and AR, and a few other "toys" and i can round up a sawed-off and 5 other bangers in one call. i've fired the shorty. it's loud..lol

what about a 10 mill ransom? hell these theiving bastards make that in like, 10 minutes.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member

naw, we just kill em and drop oil back down below 100 a braael... minimum. and give 1/2 the future profits to corn farmers to start corn oil as the main fuel. it just makes more sence... no "greenhouse gasses" cheap to make, thicker so one gallon will go longer and has a minimum octane of 114[sm=devilangel.gif] americas savior.

ps. only usa and a few central europe countries hav the ability to grow mass amounts of corn[&:]

Old 05-26-2008, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member

oooohhh boy,

First off, the entire ethanol promotion (utilizing corn) by our government is causing the majority of inflation we are experiencing now...ie higher FOOD COSTS. Never mind... you do realize it takes 0.8 gallons of gas to make one gallon of ethanol right?

Second, higher octane means LOWER BTU/Gallon....ie less energy per gallon

The solution is simple, utilize WASTE material for biofuel and USE LESS. But this oil/fuel bubble is just that a bubble....will it get worse before betterand then it will pop.

First there was the tech stock bubble, then came real estate (remember everyone sayin you better buy now or you will never be able too ) .... now it is a commodity bubble...do you really think gold is worth $950+ per oz.....this will pass....suck it up.

Now an interesting topic would be to predict the next bubble before it happens and get our money in now No more workin if we guess right.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Biodiesel, ethanol. Probably what it will come down to, if fossil fuels dump off.

I heard $10/gal. by end of summer or year. Then the companies will think it's alright to charge $8, because it's lower...

I hated working at a gas station with $2.50/gal. I had a few pissed people yelling at me, and then I told them I paid the same at 10mpg. Not like they cared. Stupid people from Missouri. I'm sure it happens here too.

Anyone remember like 6 years ago? I remember it dropping down to $.99 for a gallon of 87 octane. It's $3.77/gal of 85 octane here.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll say it one more time...

Let's see, it's pretty simple to figure why gas is going up:

#1) The Bush Administration has been increasing the amount of the Federal Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which basically means vast quantities of oil are being taken off the market and being stored in the Reserve which causes continued price increases. Plus our national debt has made the dollar very weak on the world economic market. The war is costing us in excess of 4 billion dollars a week leaving our infrastructure like roads, bridges, rail systems, etc. in jeopardy.

#2) The world oil market has a much bigger footprint these days despite our thirst for it. Major competitors in the world market are China and India, each with populations of over 1 billion people who now have the means to buy cars, refrigerators, etc. partly because of outsourcing our jobs to them.

#3) The refineries are restricting their margins on fuel production causing further price increases.

#4) The Bush Administration has pretty much negated all energy saving research, funding and incentives since the beginning of his term while Europe is leap years ahead of us in energy technology. In other words we don't have an effective "backup" plan. Bush's solution - telling us we are a country of "gasaholics", end of subject!

#5) Even today high mpg vechicles are not allowed to be imported into the U.S. So What is happening? Is it because the oil companies will not allow alternative energy or high mpg vechicles into the marketplace and any ideas to increase mpg will either be discarded or ridiculed? Why do you think the Bush Administration is run by oil company executives! Hey, remember all the government incentives for you to buy gas guzzling Suburbans, Expeditions, Hummers, etc...

So, it's a huge sh*t sandwich and we all have to take a bite - a big bite!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:11 AM

I can only hope gas goes up and up and up and up thats the only way we will get lazy america to get shifted to an alternative fuel.

bring me that water car!!! [:@][:@][:@]

Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, and when there is a car that runs on water, all those sheiks can drink their frackin' oil!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:49 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

oooohhh boy,

First off, the entire ethanol promotion (utilizing corn) by our government is causing the majority of inflation we are experiencing now...ie higher FOOD COSTS. Never mind... you do realize it takes 0.8 gallons of gas to make one gallon of ethanol right?

Second, higher octane means LOWER BTU/Gallon....ie less energy per gallon

The solution is simple, utilize WASTE material for biofuel and USE LESS. But this oil/fuel bubble is just that a bubble....will it get worse before betterand then it will pop.

First there was the tech stock bubble, then came real estate (remember everyone sayin you better buy now or you will never be able too ) .... now it is a commodity bubble...do you really think gold is worth $950+ per oz.....this will pass....suck it up.

Now an interesting topic would be to predict the next bubble before it happens and get our money in now No more workin if we guess right.
k, im not picking a fight but...

the .8 gallons of gas to make one gal of ethanol is pure bs. thats if you use gas carelessly for EVERYTHING, harvest, heat for distillation, and transpotation. if the ethanol was used in the farm vehicles and transport trucks and solar energy was used to heat the distillery silos there would be 0 gasoline useage. and the higher octane will make for more power.. think about formula 1 cars, they redline at around 20000rpm's and put out an excess of 700hp with engine sizes as low as 1.5liters and they run methanol (ethanols brother). i know noone can expect family sedans to cruise around at 15000rpm's with a v10 1.8L [sm=bangbang.gif] but with a larger displacement and close gear raitos we can expect retarded amounts of horsepower out of smaller engines using a non-fossil, biodegrateable, renewable fuel source.... sounds good to me

Quick Reply: The official Gas price picture post.