Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

nooooooo!!! wait... yes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Default nooooooo!!! wait... yes?

i just got this in my e-mail...

Dear Steven Loder,

First off, I'd like to thank you for being a GM customer. Your current and future business means a lot to us. Given all of the recent media coverage about GM, I am writing you today to address some questions you may have, and to assure you that we are here to stay and ready to serve you.

As you may know, GM is using an expedited, court-supervised process to accelerate the reinvention of our company. At the core of that reinvention is a commitment that we will put the customer first in all that we do — starting with great cars, trucks and crossovers, and the best sales and service experience possible. We want to earn your trust in several ways, including:

Your GM Warranty — Rest assured, we will honor the warranty commitment given to you at the time of your purchase. Our GM Dealers are very much open for business, and ready to meet your sales and service needs. And even though we are seeking buyers for our Saturn and Saab brands, have just announced the selection of a buyer for the HUMMER brand, and have decided to eventually phase out Pontiac, those dealerships also remain open and ready for service. The bottom line is your warranty will be honored and service will always be available through authorized GM retail facilities by GM-trained Goodwrench experts, with Genuine GM Parts on hand.

Your Next GM Vehicle — At this, the most important moment in the history of our company, our dedication to high-quality, fuel-efficient and outstanding-value vehicles has never been greater. As I said before, our GM dealerships are very much open for business, and banks and credit unions are lending and continue to offer some of the best rates available to qualified buyers. To find information about GM dealerships in your area, please visit GM.com/vehicles/dealer.

Your General Motors — For over 100 years, GM has fueled America's passion for the automobile. Propelled by the spirit and commitment of our people, we will become the New GM, a company that makes Americans proud, and one that can compete successfully with anyone in the world. All of us at GM are confident that we will emerge a leaner, stronger company for you, offering the most compelling vehicles possible from our Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac brands. I invite you to stay up to date on our promising new future by visiting GMreinvention.com.

As I said at the outset, we are genuinely grateful for your business, and we hope that you'll stay with us. If you are considering buying a new vehicle, please review a special offer for our owners. Then, visit GM.com/owner to see how this can be combined with other current incentives — it's our way of saying "Thank You" for your ongoing support.

Sincerely,
Troy A. Clarke
Group Vice President
President, GM North America

important part "And even though we are seeking buyers for our Saturn and Saab brands, have just announced the selection of a buyer for the HUMMER brand, and have decided to eventually phase out Pontiac" no! pontiac is dead however, this means m low miles southern origin formy is gonna grow in value big time. e****ally cus it was ponties fastest commercially avaliable car at the time, and i have the first year of the lt1. hellz yeah. maybe ill keep the engine original and just reset the odo after the build

Old 06-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Go sick em son, another one of those long waited fortune vehicles

Old 06-10-2009, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

amc hahaha naw.

i can get 5K for it now according to kbb (113000mi.) and im gonna have zero miles on mine after the rebuild WOOT!!! im still gonna drive it though. id rather have fun and wear it down than keep it til im old and its to valuable to drive. kinda neat to know that its only gonna be worth more as time goes on though

Old 06-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

sux..

Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
1st Gear Member

wait they are killing Pontiac: nooooooooo!! i knew that when they killed the Trans am Pontiac became a nothing brand.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

pontiac was something brand?

Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Camaros and Vettes for me!

Old 06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 06-10-2009, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Honestly, I don't think any 4th gen f-body will ever go up in value, especially not a speed density LT1. The LT1's were a good engine with a lot of torque, they were pretty quick during their time and a lot of fun to drive. They also respond well to bolt-ons. Just enjoy your car, drive it, mod it if you like. Of all my f-bodies my '97 LT1 was probably my favorite, even though it was quite a bit slower than my LS1 cars.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:05 PM
1st Gear Member

if anything it will become a collector car, because theyre just as fast and light as camaros and vettes but much cheaper and alot less mainstream. when i drive mine to places like the movies or an icecream place i get alot of questions about it, as opposed to a camaro where anyone who cares already knows. and cus theyre so chep and fast people like me (young and reckless) get a hold of them and destroy them

ex.

and the quote was "eventually phaze out pontiac." so it prob wont be fast or soon and knowing ponty theyll try to go out with a bang, in wich case ill be taking out a loan for a ls9 t/a