Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

NOOOO!O!!!!! FALL!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: NOOOO!O!!!!! FALL!!!!!!!!

Here in Canada (I think its pretty much the same in the US), you have to do a written test on the basic rules of the road (road signs, basic laws and pretty much just common sense stuff), then you decide what type of bike license you want (500cc and under or 550 cc and over), you call up and make an appointment to test. You have to make arrangements to have a bike taken to the testing location. Then you ride in a slow straight line with the examiner walking beside you, then you do a serpentine pattern one way, turn around and do it in the other direction, then you have to do two circles to the left, two circles to the right and the last thing you need to do is two figure eights. While you are doing the test, they watch for shoulder checks and the amount of control you have of the bike.

If you pass, you go in and pay the money to have your license upgraded. Thats it! At any time, whether you have your license or not, you can go out and buy any bike you want. You cannot put insurance on it unless you show them your license with a motorcycle endorsement on it.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

dang...here in NM, (USA), lol, you can buy a bike, get insured for it, and not have to have a license...you have to take a 30 question test at the DMV, at least 80% to pass, then driving test..you actually ride the bike to the dmv...then straight line, figure eights, and you have to drive around the block..pretty much if you make it back to the dmv, not all scratched up, you passed... Go back inside, pay $18.00 , and they throw the endorsement on your license right then and there..

I wonder why there are so many accidents??? lol

Old 05-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

dang...here in NM, (USA), lol, you can buy a bike, get insured for it, and not have to have a license...you have to take a 30 question test at the DMV, at least 80% to pass, then driving test..you actually ride the bike to the dmv...then straight line, figure eights, and you have to drive around the block..pretty much if you make it back to the dmv, not all scratched up, you passed... Go back inside, pay $18.00 , and they throw the endorsement on your license right then and there..

I wonder why there are so many accidents??? lol
[sm=jawdrop.gif] that's it!!!!

Old 05-19-2006, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

yup...that's it...scary huh...lol

Old 05-19-2006, 07:28 AM

heres my "patch job. black duct tape. anyways it looked so horrible just using strips of tape so i put a N and P along with an x, triangle, and x to make it look a tiny bit hideous. haha anywho, here's pics..........i also finally got a cover today.

hideous i know.........but it's all i could do with duct tape.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Better than nuttin....at least you can get out and ride!!

Old 05-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

hey i like it..... it gives the bike personality.....

Old 05-19-2006, 07:43 AM

my dad makes it look ****tier, he put super glue on it and just let it run. is there anythingi can use to get it off? you can see it very much in those pics.....

Old 05-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

have to tried, adhesive remover?

Old 05-19-2006, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW
have to tried, adhesive remover?
Hah... Thank you Captain Obvious!

Quick Reply: NOOOO!O!!!!! FALL!!!!!!!!