Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

New Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default New Announcement

There is a new announcement that I have placed as the first post on every page of the forum. Here is where you can comment good, bad or indifferent. No I'm not looking for support, I just wanted a place for some of the members on here that have been offended, made fun of or have just had enough of IG to be able to comment. I may delete this thread, but I at least wanted to give an explanation of what has happened. Read the Sticky announcement. Because its a for real thing and a permanent one.

This will only work with the cooperation of all the great members on here. I can do a lot, but it won't work without you the eyes and ears of the site. Hopefully this will result in a smoother run forum and less arguing. I remember back in October of 05 when I found this forum, and for the first year I never even saw anyone remotely argue with anyone here, it was a forum where mutual respect was shared and appreciated by all members.

For the last 3 years we have tried to come to some sort of understanding about this and without any noticeable results. Well my friends that day is over, and I would like to apologize to all that have had to put up with this and hopefully we can just get back to what we all love. Bikes and sharing good information without having to defend everything we try to post. Is this censorship against one member in particular? You bet your sweet A$$

I encourage all comments here or in a PM, but either way things are going to be different around here. That you can count on.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

whos the one member?!?!?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

I have no idea what you are talking about - but as a mod and admin of other forums, I do not accept trouble-making, personal attacks, or general ruffling of feathers from *anyone*. Spirited debate and discussion is one thing, even holy wars - when kept respectful... intentionally stirring up shyt and lashing out at other users is another.

I always warn once... sometimes even twice, but then I whip out the delete button and the banstick.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:53 PM
1st Gear Member

nevermind. Im blind.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

This whole thing with IG has been going on for WAY to long!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I read the message deej, its all good. I think most learned how to deal with IG, but if a ban is necessary then so be it!.... Now maybe we can get back to havin fun with our bikes and every one can get along!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Didn't he ge banned a couple years ago? Doesn't seem like it did too much good. Luckily, there's an ignore feature.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevhamm
whos the one member?!?!?
Really?.......really

Old 02-05-2009, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I may have been offended by him, but if I ever catch him, I'm gonna kick his ***! By the way, who is IG?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

aw man.. now im all paranoid. who is it?? someone wanna pm and fill me in??????