Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

mydeathspace

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Default mydeathspace

anyone else here go to www.mydeathspace.com reguraly? theres a kid up on top this week, by reading his profile and comments id say he had his brand new gsxr 750 for about a week, before he was dead. no motorcycle license, tried to run from the cops for stupid ****, now hes gone. 18 years old. want a good reminder of how precious life is, check that site and subscribe to google alerts for "motorcycle fatality" theres hasnt been a day that has gone by i havent seen a new alert in my box of another rider gone since i signed up. good way to keep yourself in check everytime you feel like twisting that throttle. keep your head out of your *** peeps. [&o]

Old 08-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: mydeathspace

Interesting. Did you read the hate mail section. Whew, some people get pissed!!

Lots of people down. And young too.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:22 AM

sad to see brand new riders lose their lives cause i remember when i was 18 and that was me. i was lucky enough to wreck my first one and walk away with just a bruised knee minus the bike, that looked like it got hit by a train, and the helmet missing the fiberglass, paint, and graphics on one side, and the rash marks on my leathers from sliding. one wreck at high speeds near cars and you survive, i guarantee your *** wont do it again. i feel bad for new riders, they dont know whats coming yet. sigh

Old 08-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Giddy up... Very true Fury. I went down when back around 1995 or so... No helmet, but had a jacket. tore through the jacket, and jeans. Hit my head on the asphalt and drug. I still have some scars from that. New riders and young people always learn the hard way to gear up, and stay alert.

Nice reminder. So, gear up guys and gals.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Its certinly is a reminder to ride safe and gear up.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

The sad part about the new young riders, is that a lot of their accidents could have been prevented had they not been too busy showing off, riding outside of their limits, basically being young and stupid. (and yes I do know that not all accidents happen like that......)

Had I got my bike way back when I first wanted one, I know I would've crashed - either be dead or walking around with scars. Glad I waited until I matured, somewhat anyways!

Old 08-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bluebird

The sad part about the new young riders, is that a lot of their accidents could have been prevented had they not been too busy showing off, riding outside of their limits, basically being young and stupid. (and yes I do know that not all accidents happen like that......)

Had I got my bike way back when I first wanted one, I know I would've crashed - either be dead or walking around with scars. Glad I waited until I matured, somewhat anyways!
Yea around 16 or 17 lol. must be a slow morning BB.

I feal sorry for those riders I see with no gear or chicks on the back wearing little, although it is nice to look at lol, riding 100+ in freeway traffic and skirting slow traffic way to fast. I also agree with you on getting a knock will make you ride different, they sure have changed me.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Notstock

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Yea around 16 or 17 lol. must be a slow morning BB.

I feal sorry for those riders I see with no gear or chicks on the back wearing little, although it is nice to look at lol, riding 100+ in freeway traffic and skirting slow traffic way to fast. I also agree with you on getting a knock will make you ride different, they sure have changed me.
[sm=oopssign.gif] but seriously I leave things wide open like that to test you!! j/k have I ever mentioned - I really hate Monday mornings!!!

Old 08-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

damb thats some interresting stuff......