Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

my wonderful day

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 06:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default my wonderful day

well, todays weather called for partly cloudy and 62 degrees. well lets say it didn't get ouf the 40's. it also snowed alittle this morning when it wasn't supposed to. Well that just made for a cold ride and a really damn cold rider course. For anyone who cares, the advanced course basically fine tunes your slow speed turning. The instructor said that this course is just a 6hr ver. of the turning/corning part of the basic course. Except you use your own bike and really learn what it can and can't do. They have a couple of rules which are hard for anyone on a sportbike to follow. when using the clutch or brake, you much use all 4 fingers. The instructror said I know these superbikes and stop on a dime and give you 9 cents back but still use all fingers. He also accused me of doing alot of burnouts b/c my rear tire is pretty worn in the middle(like ever other rear tire).

BTW, i got a ticket today on the way to the course. "failure to obey a traffic sign" ofcourse it was the speedlimit sign. I was doing 90 in a 40. The cop was cool and gave me the cheapest ticket possible. The cop said "its only a 25buck fine but after the state gets down screwing you its 106."

Old 04-09-2006, 06:28 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: my wonderful day

damm that sucks. so would you say the course is worth it or not ?

Old 04-09-2006, 07:02 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: walight01

well, todays weather called for partly cloudy and 62 degrees. well lets say it didn't get ouf the 40's. it also snowed alittle this morning when it wasn't supposed to. Well that just made for a cold ride and a really damn cold rider course. For anyone who cares, the advanced course basically fine tunes your slow speed turning. The instructor said that this course is just a 6hr ver. of the turning/corning part of the basic course. Except you use your own bike and really learn what it can and can't do. They have a couple of rules which are hard for anyone on a sportbike to follow. when using the clutch or brake, you much use all 4 fingers. The instructror said I know these superbikes and stop on a dime and give you 9 cents back but still use all fingers. He also accused me of doing alot of burnouts b/c my rear tire is pretty worn in the middle(like ever other rear tire).

BTW, i got a ticket today on the way to the course. "failure to obey a traffic sign" ofcourse it was the speedlimit sign. I was doing 90 in a 40. The cop was cool and gave me the cheapest ticket possible. The cop said "its only a 25buck fine but after the state gets down screwing you its 106."

Damb.... 90 in a 40 you got lucky, what speed did he put on your ticket, cause anything I think 30-40 mph over the limit is 60 days in jail. Thats what I got when I did 136 in a 70 and the judge told me that. Not up to 60 days a mandated 60 days.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

At least you were on the bike all day!!

60 Days in jail!! Holy cow!!

$106 for 50mph over, that's not bad. If it was me, they would have impounded my bike and gave me a cell mate that is a homocidal maniac!! At least we would have got along... You got 60 days, lemac??

Old 04-09-2006, 07:38 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

At least you were on the bike all day!!

60 Days in jail!! Holy cow!!

$106 for 50mph over, that's not bad. If it was me, they would have impounded my bike and gave me a cell mate that is a homocidal maniac!! At least we would have got along... You got 60 days, lemac??
Yeah actually I got lucky, cause I had no endorsed license my c-class license was suspended, but I didnt know and I blew a .12 bac. With just a suspended L. is 30 day impound at 35 bucks a day I got mine out in three days. I was driving on the freeway and at night with no license I did spend the morn in jail though from 2am to 8 pm.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

dang it... that sux man. But it coulda been a lot worse like ya said.

A friend of mine left a party, this happened a while back, anyway, he was blitzed. He jumped on his bike and took off. Shouldn't have let him go, but we've all done this a thousand times ya know. He gets about 2 milels from his house and decided he wanted to run under a truck!!?? Skin grafts over 70% of his body, broken ribs, both legs, and arm, pelvis, and in the burn center in Albuquerque for 6 months..He's doing good today. Still rides a bike, but he has a whole lot of scars to remind him and me....

People like him and you, who tell there story I think has to help. Especially new people. Hopefully somebody learns something, and does not repeat all of our mistakes!!

Old 04-09-2006, 08:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Problem is with most or if not all we can talk to em til we are blue in the face, but when it comes down to it they have to learn for themselves. If they learn from the mistakes is what counts. jmo

Old 04-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lemac

Problem is with most or if not all we can talk to em til we are blue in the face, but when it comes down to it they have to learn for themselves. If they learn from the mistakes is what counts. jmo

Well said!!

Old 04-09-2006, 06:26 PM
1st Gear Member

as far as jail time its different for every state. in my case if he would have ticketed me for speeding, i would of lost my licience b/c it was doing double the speed limit. At first he said he wasn't going to give me the clocked speed, he was going to give me the first radar speed b/c it wouldn't make me loose my licience, then he saw i had a cdl and was then going to ticket me for no insurance(i had insurance, but this was it would be points on my licience). Then he said be honest with me, how fast were you going through there, I said about 90. He said since you are honest with me and seem like a nice guy, i'll give you the cheapest ticket i can. He said he used to ride so he knows what its like. On the ticket it shows radar speed 71, clock speed 80+, speedlimit 40. but the actual citation is for not obey a traffic sign.

as for the MSC. I would recommend it for anyone, esp anyone with a licience who didn't take the basic course. B/c honestly, I think this is about the only time you ever do such hard slow turning maneuvers and we all probably need the practice.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:27 AM

I had a day like that in oct on my birthday but the cop gave me 120 in 70, butb i still kept my license and bike.

Quick Reply: my wonderful day