Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My sappy sob story :-p

Old 04-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Default My sappy sob story :-p

Alright, so sorry to bore you all with my sob story but I'm going to make a slight attempt to perhaps entertain you all with it.

So my boyfriend and I just broke up about 4 days ago-- and you know, it feels so good cause it wasn't a very healthy relationship to begin with. I am an intelligent young woman-- I've got my stuff together, I'm in college, getting good grades.. and the most obvious proof that I'm intelligent-- well, I own a Kawasaki. So anyways, I broke up with him because he was kind of a douche bag. Like, instead of being excited and happy for me to go through MSF and get my bike, he was always really rude and jealous about it. Which I can totally understand because he's a guy and what guy who doesn't ride want to be with a girl who does-- he'd feel like less of a man. Cool-- but I wish that he would just grin and bear it for me instead of making me feel guilty. He's five years older than me-- he's 25 and he doesn't have a real job..he's a server. He has tarnished credit, lost his license, spends all of what little money he has anyways on the bars, and his roommate sells drugs. So, naturally, after 6 months of his bull****, I broke up with him.

So, he calls me tonight cause hewanted to talk tome. Ugh. Which, I guess is fine because I was willing to talk, but man, this guy seriously pisses me off. He complains about how much his life sucks and how much he wishes he could be with me and everything but he just can't because it just wouldn't work.Apparently I was too hard on him because I made him go get a job after his unemployment ran out and when I'd lecture him on why he can't ask me for money for rent because he is so broke when he went out to the bars the past4 nights in a row.He tried to make me feel guilty for breaking up with him--like it was my fault. So granted I am the one who dumped his sorry, lazy ***, but ultimately it was him who drove me to. There's only so much a successful woman can take with a less-than-successful man. I feel sorry for the guy. And I suppose I miss him a little too--but not because I want to be with him, but because he's all I've known for the past 6 months. I guess I grew a little attached. I feel like it would be better if he could just amount up to something, but at the same time, I know he never will as long as he stays the way he is. He is the type of person who just sits and waits for things to happen instead of initiating them himself. I need a man with ambition and integrity!!

So, thats really it. Not much point to the story, other than a simple rant. Oh well, I guess I just feel a little guilty after talking to him, but at the same time I know its not my fault!

Old 04-23-2007, 06:04 AM
Default RE: My sappy sob story :-p

sure its all good you can talk to the fellow riders.....and good for you for making the choice......just dont make the mistake of feeling too guilty and then going back it still doesnt change trust me.....but enough sappy crap.....i have to be a man now lets go riding

Old 04-23-2007, 06:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Girl you did the right thing! You'll find the right guy...and hopefullyhe'll ride a bike too!

Old 04-23-2007, 06:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on your weight loss... Dont let him drag you down, its not your fault... He will try guilt trips to make you feel sorry for him. Dont... I can relate to you in some degree, cause your discription of him reminds me of my mom's boyfriend. He makes me sick, they been seeing each other for about four years and my mom complains about the same things... She thinks he'll change, but he is set in his ways... Enjoy being single its not is bad as it's made out to be. Your young and you've got time, and being a girl on your side... lol

Old 04-23-2007, 06:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey come down to NC ill take good care of you girl, oh yeah good luck with college

Old 04-23-2007, 06:50 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DevilGirl

Girl you did the right thing! You'll find the right guy...and hopefullyhe'll ride a bike too!
Hey, I ride a bike... j/k

Old 04-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on, stick to your guns cowgirl

Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 AM

Forget that ****! It seems like a bad 2 weeks for relationships . . .

I recently broke up with my GF of almost6 years . . . anyway,go out have some fun and tear up thetown! It's what I did! I know if I call her or answer her calls I'll make a bad choice and get back with her.My suggestion is to let things cool down before making any brash choices- and go out and enjoy being single.

oh- I wouldn't hook up with anyone long term that has (bad credit, check systems, no job, no goals, etc.) but that's just me BTW- I said long-term.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Good for you. Just don't make the mistake of going back.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:40 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Good for you. It sounds like it was a bad relastionship. My last one was pretty bad also. It took me awhile to get my head stright, but now im tired of the single life and am trying to find someone. With you being in school now you can focus on your classes and stuff. Im sure you'll meet some one that right for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My sappy sob story :-p