Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My Grand Prix GTP

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My Grand Prix GTP

You can go two stage turbo/ twin turbos; a low & High to get rid of any turbo lags. A small turbo for the low-end to mid rangeand a big one for the mid to top-end.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedracer138

You can go two stage turbo/ twin turbos; a low & High to get rid of any turbo lags. A small turbo for the low-end to mid rangeand a big one for the mid to top-end.
a properly sized ball bearing turbo will have almost no lag - but lag isn't an issue with automatic transmissions when drag racing - power breaking means you can launch at full boost if you want.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:33 PM
1st Gear Member

im stickin to the twin charged, big turbo and big supercharger, should be running 9's with those mods.

here is the link to my most current time slip.
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_257285/tm.htm

Old 02-06-2008, 04:37 PM
1st Gear Member

have you upgraded the pistons yet?

Old 02-06-2008, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah they are upgraded pistons, rings, and rods and bearings

Old 02-06-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

good good - don't want to end up with a chipped piston from too much heat on the stock pistons.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member

some of the upgrades i forgot to list are as folows.

ZZP Ported Heads
ZZP Stroker Kit
ZZP L32 Powered Connecting Rods (piston rods)
ZZP Oversized radiator
ZEX dry nitrous kit (50-100 shot)
Autolite XP iridium Spark Plugs
ZZP XPZ Cam

If i think of any more ill update the post.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:15 AM

turbo lag is more of a thing of the past compared to 5 years ago, there right on nowadays, there also free hp, superchargers need the crank pully to turn them thus using hp, even though they still give you hp, where a turbo runs off of your exaust pressure, does not need the crankshaft to turn it, building pressure for your intake......a good one wont lag like the old days....they sound way cooler too!!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 04:20 AM

06 i acually have been thinking about buying a grand prix, i was a maxima man for a while then got a truck, im getting sick and tired of getting 10 mpg though, obviously you love your gp, but can you give me some ups and downs of the car, im probably gonna go with a four door though, probably kids in the future for me, but i still like to make my stuff different, where do you buy your aftermarket stuff???

Old 02-07-2008, 03:11 PM
1st Gear Member

i buy all my aftermarket stuff at ZZPerformance out of michigan, but they are countrywide, they have a website, they are the biggest performance parts sellers in america for the 3800, then for visual mods like cool looking clear corners or hoods and stuff, i choose PFYC.com sell everything for grand prixs. id sugest getting a GTP because of the supercharger, but if you cant afford the gtp get a GT, DO NOT GET AN SE, the SE was the 3100 and its slow. as for common problems these cars have, supercharger couplers like to go bad because GM engineered them like crap, you can get a new one from the dealer which is the new GM release which is much better, other common problems are they like to rust by the rear wheels very easily if you dont wash it when it gets salty, ive never had this experience becauase mine is stored in the winters. then the only other known problem they really ahve are the radios like to fade in and out in the stockers, the lights go all funky after a few years, i just replaced mine with an aftermarket. other then that it is a very nice car. and since you want a 4 door, insurance will be cheap.

Quick Reply: My Grand Prix GTP