Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My first ride around the block!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default My first ride around the block!

Woo hoo! Got my motorcycle delivered tonight and I went for a spin and put a measly 3 miles on her before I had to put her down...to sleep I mean! [8D] It got dark pretty quickly and I was quite sad until I realized that I could get on her again tomorrow! Wheee!

Here are some pics, pardon the mugshot please.

I haven't named her yet ... <--- edited text! LOL, now how about some recommendations for boots and overpants?

[IMG]local://upfiles/771/2FBC4B274352428BA614247AA717D45B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/771/BB900562B396407ABD1AD4D9DE3980BF.jpg[/IMG]

A few things I did notice whilst riding around for 3 miles, I am having quite a hard time finding that shift lever, yikes! More practice will hopefully fix this. I did do a lot of figure 8's going tigher and tighter but not enough to scrape pegs like I did in class, perhaps the fear of dumping the new bike has something to do with this? Hehe. Nevertheless I will continue onward and hopefully master this wonderful sport and one day be able to venture past my subdivision. Wish me luck! (read as please please please don't drop the bike)

Old 03-01-2006, 02:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My first ride around the block!

Thats sweet man the bike looks awesome with the new tribal design they brought out this year! but um are you sure you want your bike to be a dude i mean i dont like the idea of having a dude between my legs or for that matter riding a dude doesnt sound all that good LOL hope ya enjoy the bike as much as i enjoy mine

Old 03-01-2006, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Yikes! You're def right on that one, how about...La Blue Girl from my fave...um...hentai!

Old 03-01-2006, 03:14 AM

Looks good man. dont worry bout the peg scrapping, it will all come in due time. Just enjoy the bike and ride safe. Take advice from 056r and give "HER" a name, u can still call "HER" blue but please refer to the bike as "HER" name is blue. LOL enjoy

Old 03-01-2006, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I need to find some overpants and some nice boots. I had to go with sneakers for now coz my Timberlands were giving me hell and my Harley boots were too large, major suckage. Any recommendations?

Old 03-01-2006, 05:33 AM

Hey, since i am the 250 MAMA ....I think you should name her......Sholee....A ride should be a fem name no disrespect but.....if you name it masculine you may be called the H word..............Have no disrespect here..just tryin to look out for a fellow rider [sm=kissykissy.gif]

Old 03-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

bro, great looking bike... take "HER" slow, and "SHE" will treat you right.... i hope you got the picture.... and bro.... your killing me with these names.... WTF.... for a guy, and transportation should be referred to a "SHE"..... JMO.... but hey what ever floats your boat.... nice ride bro...

Old 03-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: shon

Hey, since i am the 250 MAMA ....I think you should name her......Sholee....A ride should be a fem name no disrespect but.....if you name it masculine you may be called the H word..............Have no disrespect here..just tryin to look out for a fellow rider [sm=kissykissy.gif]
hey babygirl... thanks for looking out... i didn't want to say it and i'm sure the rest of the guys didn't either.... but hey, it sounds better coming from a pretty lady like yourself... [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 03-01-2006, 06:06 AM

Everybody is right just take it slow and she will always be by your side and we want a female name in the end

Old 03-01-2006, 06:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spooknick

Everybody is right just take it slow and she will always be by your side and we want a female name in the end
As I was surfing the net I came across some anime chick with blue hair, her name was Mai Mai so I officially dub my ride...Mai Mai. No it wasn't hentai! At least...I don't think so...hehehehe.

Quick Reply: My first ride around the block!